Guess what came in the mail today...

PDA

copaup
August 18, 2004, 03:54 AM
No, not my by now infamous 637. Today the less than jolly driver of a UPS truck brought a FEDEX box to my door. I was distracted from the oddness inherent in this delivery method when I noticed that the box was from Virgil Tripp. I snarled a nearly incoherent thank you at the delivery guy and took my prize inside where I gleefully unwrapped it. Inside was my NRM Colt Commander which I had sent off for a refinish and minor work. I could not be happier with the result. Tripp fit and installed a new MSH, an extended thumb safety, a Brown beavertail, and undercut my trigger guard for me so I could get the higher grip I prefer. He then hard chromed my frame and Cobra Coated the slide. The chrome came out a lovely matte gray, not the white in the photo. My camera skills are poor at best. I notice some subtle smoothing and polishing on several bearing surfaces and there is much less "hitching" as the weapon goes into battery. No doubt the added slickness of the chrome and polymer coat help in this matter. I shipped the pistol off on a Tuesday and got it back exactly two weeks later. I highly reccomend Tripp Research for the quality of work performed, the rapid turnaround, the reasonable pricing, and the sheer courtesy exhibited by Mr. Tripp on every occasion I communicated with him. I will be sending him more work in the near future.

If you enjoyed reading about "Guess what came in the mail today..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
copaup
August 18, 2004, 03:59 AM
hmmm, the pic doesn't seem to be linking. Oh well, trust me, it turned out really nice.

esheato
August 18, 2004, 06:00 AM
:) Beautiful work. I've been thinking hard about letting him hard chrome one of mine also. Congrats.

Ed

If you enjoyed reading about "Guess what came in the mail today..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!