Arizona Gun Laws

PDA

Lord Soth
February 18, 2003, 11:19 PM
Is it really true that one can legally carry around a gun in plain sight in Arizona? Does this include say NFA weapons and swords/big knives too?

If you enjoyed reading about "Arizona Gun Laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
AZTOY
February 18, 2003, 11:43 PM
Open carry is legal but i would not do it in a big city.

Knife are legal.

I never had the need to carry a sword:neener:

To have NFA weapon you have to be a class 3 dealer.:fire:

Bottom Gun
February 19, 2003, 08:55 AM
Sword carry here is restricted to people wearing tights. :D

.45Ruger
February 19, 2003, 10:34 AM
People always say "don't open carry in a big city". I live in Phoenix and I've open carried quite often without incident. If we don't wxcersise a right we may as well not have it.

AZRobb
February 19, 2003, 04:08 PM
To have NFA weapon you have to be a class 3 dealer.

Not true, unless our new governor has been issuing more executive orders. As for carrying NFA weapons, I can't answer that. I'm sure the local law enforcement folks won't be too pleased if you do...

Here's a nice quick reference page for state NFA laws:

http://www.full-auto.com/library_states.htm

AZTOY
February 19, 2003, 04:19 PM
AZrobb ,Thank you

I thought you need to be a dealer.
Do you know we have to do to get one?

AZRobb
February 19, 2003, 04:27 PM
I think this page has most of the info you need:

Class III Items (http://www.scottsdalegunclub.com/Questions/Class3Items.html)

You just have to jump through the right hoops...

AZRobb
February 19, 2003, 04:35 PM
oops... doubletap :) that'll teach me to click the 'back' button. :rolleyes:

Jmurman
February 19, 2003, 04:40 PM
Sword carry here is restricted to people wearing tights.

funny!...and lets not forget tu-tu's :)

blades67
February 19, 2003, 06:01 PM
Just make sure you keep a copy of your Form 4 with you while carrying an NFA weapon and your hassles will be minimized.

El Tejon
February 19, 2003, 06:25 PM
I can mount my S&W 76 and reserve ammo to my walker! However, would I be required by law to purchase a Caddy?

If it's 4:45 p.m. and you're in front of a dinner buffet, you better move, because here's comes El Tejon's one-man walker-mobile mall ninja unit. (Can you get sushi or Indian food at the buffet?)

blades67
February 19, 2003, 06:28 PM
(Can you get sushi or Indian food at the buffet?)

Not in this town, mister!:neener:

roscoe
February 19, 2003, 07:59 PM
Open carry in Phoenix - no problem, see it all the time. Indian Food - Delhi Palace, SE corner of University and Rural.

El Tejon
February 19, 2003, 08:32 PM
roscoe, rock on!:D

J Miller
February 19, 2003, 08:41 PM
I lived in Phoenix for over 40 years. I never bothered to get a CCW license, just caried open.
It's not that you cary openly, it's how you act and appear while doing it.
If you act with dignity and common sence you will rarely have problems with anyone.

dsgrntldPW
February 21, 2003, 11:02 PM
In AZ I think you can carry openly pretty much in the same places you can CCW except in some of of the city parks, where it is legal to CCW but not carry openly. Go figure. Gov't buildings, schools and bars are normally off limits, as are businesses that post or request that you not carry in their establishment. Oh yeah, it's also frowned upon at our local P.O.'s.

clem
February 22, 2003, 01:35 PM
Go to the below link and search through the ARS 13-3101 - ARS 13-3112 laws. Hopefully this will help in answering your questions.

http://www.azleg.state.az.us/ArizonaRevisedStatutes.asp?Title=13&Heading=Criminal%20Code

If you enjoyed reading about "Arizona Gun Laws" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!