Aaaaargh!!!

PDA

Preacherman
August 18, 2004, 09:20 PM
Why me, Lord? Why me?

I'm busy packing for a trip (heading off tomorrow to Tennessee to see Oleg, Tamara, Kaylee, Marko, and hopefully assorted other mods and THR buddies - Rabbi, got the Manischewitz ready? :D ). So, about half-an-hour ago, I start packing guns into hard-sided gun cases. (I'm taking more than a dozen with me - you can tell I'm a gun nut, can't you? ;) )

So, I put half-a-dozen handguns into a long hard-sided rifle case, and lay a rifle beneath them. So far, so good. Unfortunately, my two cats (the same two who like to help me with firearms reassembly (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?threadid=40638)) now realize Daddy has just opened a foam-sided case, and immediately (while my back is turned, looking into the gun safe) jump in and start rolling and rubbing themselves all over the nice clean foam, and the guns lying on it. When I come back into the room, it looks like someone's been shaving their beard into my gun case! :fire:

I duly chase the cats out of the gun case, blow and brush away the hair, deposit another gun or two on the other side of the case, and go out to get another one. Meanwhile, my thwarted cats are now examining (with great professional interest) an open, uncapped tube of medicated ointment that's lying on my bedside table, which I'd just used to dress my operation scar (which is still in the process of healing). I can only assume that one of them decided to jump paws-first on the tube - because I come back to find a nice line of ointment shot straight down the length of the gun-case, coating several firearms en route, and several ointment-enhanced paw prints on the guns where the cats have investigated this fascinating new play accessory more thoroughly!!! :fire:

I've just finished cleaning all the guns, removing the ointment from the gun-case foam, putting them all aside to dry off overnight, capping the ointment and storing it where the cats can't get at it, and am now drinking a mug of tea to calm my shattered nerves. I'm also wondering... if I've had this much trouble packing the guns, what's going to happen when I start on my clothes? :uhoh:

Anyone want two insatiably curious, gun-loving cats? :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Aaaaargh!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Majik
August 18, 2004, 09:33 PM
Anyone want two insatiably curious, gun-loving cats? :D

Nope. you can have em'. I enjoy reading your stories about them :p

Good luck on your trip. Remember, take pictures for us of the shoot! :)

mcmoyer
August 18, 2004, 09:37 PM
Anyone want two insatiably curious, gun-loving cats?

:D :D :D

Have a great trip!!

TarpleyG
August 18, 2004, 09:39 PM
Just put the cats in the box with the 686. I have two hungry dogs and I won't offer up my own cat to them. Makes for a tasty treat and resolves your problem.

Greg

XLMiguel
August 18, 2004, 09:50 PM
Patience is a virtue. As ye do unto the least of my creatures . . . .

Cats have an uncanny ability to figure out when they're going to be 'in stir' for a while when the master is going traveling, hence they will inflict mischievious hairbaggery upon you.

It's funny, in that if it was just me packing for a business trip, our guys would just 'help' by curling up in the suitcase or unfolding stuff, but when we were both packing, they went into pure hinderence mode.

Though this phenomena can be minimized by proper planning, they're making sure you are well 'marked' so that no errant fuzzbuckets will think you are 'unowned', it's just how cats are.

When you return, you will face a bodacious display of affection, which will last until the first feeding, then they will ignore you for at least the balance of the evening for leaving them.

Have a a great trip.:D

tex_n_cal
August 18, 2004, 10:06 PM
Duct tape is good for picking up the hair.:D

If it makes you feel any better, when having friends visit at the old house in Fresno, I had to warn them to lock the hall bathroom door, as the door had a lever handle and Bandit would almost always rush to open the door after someone had shut it. I kept having nightmares about a poor woman being in there when he decided to open the door.

I outa invite Tuner over and tell him to bring a bad Collie, 'cause my cats would surely deflate the dog's ego posthaste.:evil:

Larry Ashcraft
August 18, 2004, 10:53 PM
and am now drinking a mug of tea to calm my shattered nerves.
Right there's the problem. Grab a cold Michelob out of the fridge and after about three, you can solve any problem.

El Tejon
August 18, 2004, 10:57 PM
Want them as target you mean, right?:confused:

chetth
August 18, 2004, 11:14 PM
curious... ...cats

curiosity... ...cats

It's too easy, I can't bring myself to say it.

Dont be suprised when ou arrive at you destination and open a gun case to find a annoyed cat inside

tex_n_cal
August 18, 2004, 11:16 PM
"...In a cat's eyes, all things belong to cats..."

:D

-unknown

sm
August 18, 2004, 11:19 PM
I know you wear a Collar and all , I am really suprised , you of all folks have not "Let Go and Let .45" :D

You Need Bigger Mice. I mean BIG MEAN MICE ( meese, mouses....whatever) . Obviously the ones you have are no problem for the cats to control, the cats are complacent , they goof off and get in your way. Big MEAN MEESES , will scare about 8 lives out those two, have them hiding in fear - not in your way.

Tea? Beer? Barmaid , give the fella with the Collar some that straight bourbon whisky - I mean the whole bottle , glass , ice cubes , "maybe a shot of water"....You gonna do something - do it right .

Have a Great Trip My Friend .

:D :D

dairycreek
August 18, 2004, 11:22 PM
and am now drinking a mug of tea to calm my shattered nerves

This could be part of the problem. Good shooting;)

Standing Wolf
August 19, 2004, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a cat-astrophe to me.

P95Carry
August 19, 2004, 12:22 AM
SW ...... Ouch! Groan!! :D

Peter ... I think one cat at least should be named Murphy!!:p

Have a safe trip - some good shooting and ..... be sure to report back on your return.!:)

Jim K
August 19, 2004, 12:57 AM
1. Put cats in box.

2. Address box to Mohamad Rashid, Al Anwar St. No. 35, Peshawar, Pakistan.

3. Call UPS.

Jim

lbmii
August 19, 2004, 12:58 AM
When I disassemble the innermost workings of any of my firearms I find cat hair! I believe cat hair works as a dry lubricant.

OEF_VET
August 19, 2004, 02:11 AM
Peter,

Once you get here, if you're going shooting or even just sitting around shooting the breeze, have Oleg give me a call. Maybe Angie and I can drop by for a spell.

Frank

Hal
August 19, 2004, 07:14 AM
Preach - take heart, it's only hair.

Our husky got bored and chewed the (Aluminum) siding off the house.

:banghead: :banghead:

Idiot dog!

Smoke
August 19, 2004, 11:10 AM
I'm not a cat fan...it's just me. Had that happened to me, I would have recreated the scene from the Boondock Saints...you know the one. :evil:

"Is it dead?"

Smoke

Chipperman
August 19, 2004, 01:19 PM
You should thank the cats.
They are just warming you up for your impending soiree with TSA. :p

TonyB
August 19, 2004, 03:15 PM
I feel your pain...our 2 cats(named Black cat and Gray cat:guess which is which..)always think that when I'm cleaning my guns is a good time to visit me on the table......luckily the guns are disassembled when this happens,so all they do is get yelled at and/or shoved off onto the floor:D
BTW..non-pet owners are missing all the fun of going to the range,loading up your favorite gun,aiming it,only to notice a long pet hair sticking up off the front sight.......:cuss:

WilderBill
August 19, 2004, 04:52 PM
Awww, they just wanna help... ;)

Tharg
August 19, 2004, 05:05 PM
Cats never seem to last long around our house....

something about moving targets...

My dogs know better... altho the one mastiff things its her obligatory duty to be ON TOP of you if yer on the floor doing anything. :)

We had a cat in the house once.... between the two labs, the two mastiffs, the boxer, the ????-zu, and the boston terrier... it didn't have a chance... spent a lot of time behind the bed....

heh

J/Tharg!

Harry Tuttle
August 19, 2004, 05:14 PM
take a loop of masking tape
place sticky side out on floor

introduce kitty to new toy

Drjones
August 19, 2004, 05:18 PM
Hmmmm.....that scene from "Boondock Saints" keeps playing in my head......

I'm thinking you should recreate it. ;) ;) ;)

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Am I alone???

spacemanspiff
August 19, 2004, 05:31 PM
i think so jonesy.... part of the charm that cats possess is that they dont give a rats patootey about their owners and find every opportunity to peeve them off.

much unlike the emotionally insecure canine that does the exact opposite and will do anything to please its master.

:evil: :neener:

P95Carry
August 19, 2004, 08:29 PM
I have realized Peter - you were a victim of ....

Felinis agravatus moultatis gravitas maximus!:D

If you enjoyed reading about "Aaaaargh!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!