Kahr 2nd Gen?

PDA

amprecon
February 18, 2003, 11:20 PM
I owned one of the first Kahr K9's, I loved the gun but it kept rusting so I sold it. Well, I want another and prefer the blue finish over the stainless, but only if they've significantly improved their rust-resistance. I believe I read somewhere that they're using some sort of chrome/teflon application which is supposed to do pretty good.
From those of you who have the "new & improved" blue K9, how is the finish holding up? Would you prefer the stainless or even the Elite '98 model?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr 2nd Gen?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
harrydog
February 19, 2003, 10:25 AM
I'd probably go with the stainless version and have it Black T (or similar) coated if rust was a problem and I didn't like the stainless look.

Russ
February 19, 2003, 11:22 AM
I have a stainless MK40 and have found Kahr customer service pretty good about getting back to E mail inquiries. It may take them a few days but they get back. I would put it to them. Ask if they have changed their finishing process on the blued guns. I for one have never seen a blued (black) Kahr in real life. Only in pictures on the web.

M1911
February 19, 2003, 12:59 PM
amprecon: If you don't like their finish, simply buy one and have it finished the way you want it finished -- Black-T, Robar, ArmorTuff, hard-chrome, etc. There's lots of choices.

Personally, I like stainless.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kahr 2nd Gen?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!