Help! looking for tube fed 22lr

PDA

yodaddy
August 19, 2004, 07:38 PM
When I was younger a friend of mine had an old 22lr rifle. it was tube fed and held like 20 bullets or so. It was by far the most fun gun I have ever shot. I have been keeping my eyes open but have not came across anything like it. I dont recall the model and it doesent really matter. The question for the gurus is: What is a good, not too expensive tube loading semi-auto rifle for plinking.

Thanks in advance. yoda with the ddy

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! looking for tube fed 22lr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
sm
August 19, 2004, 07:43 PM
Marlin 60 - approx $99

Used Remington Nylon 66. They made a brown one with the access through the buttstock , that is the one you want [ heck I want one]. They did make a Nylon 66 with a mag - get the first one I mentioned, get two and send me one. :)

Just two examples , my favorites .

GunGoBoom
August 19, 2004, 08:11 PM
Oh yeah, that's big ol' softball of a question:

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/firearms/selfLoading22wTubularMag/index.htm

I like kinda like that 60C - I got my regular model 60 for $99 buck new not too long ago. (That one's over the left field wall!!)

Pretty much the definition of fun. There are others too though, but not as inexpensive. Tube on the 60 only holds 14 lr cartridges however (+1 in the chamber).

macavada
August 19, 2004, 08:17 PM
I think the Marlin is pretty easy to find. Wal-Mart used to carry them, if I recall correctly. Wait, maybe that was the bolt action model they carried.

kudu
August 19, 2004, 10:56 PM
If you want real fun with a .22, look for a pump action. You can put shorts, longs and long rifle shells in them. 25 or so shorts really is fun to pump out downrange. :D

UnknownSailor
August 20, 2004, 12:13 AM
Winchester Model 53. :evil:

foghornl
August 20, 2004, 11:20 AM
My OLD Marlin model 99 holds 17 .22LR's in the tube mag. The Rem Nylon 66 held about 13 or 14 (been so long I don't remember; had one as a teen-ager)

The Nylon 77 was a box-mag fed version, but I don't remeber the mag capacity on that one.

Remington still makes their Speedmaster and Fieldmaster .22's that hold around 20 if you use the .22Short ammo, 15 in .22LR

shoobe01
August 20, 2004, 01:27 PM
I vote for the Remington...573 maybe? Model numbers sometimes leave my head. "Fieldmaster," as its a pump. A hoot, amazing capacity, especially with CBs, cycles everything because its manual, fast and easy to shoot.

Oh, and accurate! An old club I was in at the basement of the community center (imagine, a city government rifle range, in town!) they geezers were all about extremely slow firing martini-action .22s. I put my fieldmaster in a rest and shot the hell out of it a few times. In-sane groups (5 overlapping). Better than half of those custom rifles. Almost a shame to have that barrel on a pump gun.

KaceCoyote
August 20, 2004, 02:47 PM
I've got an oooooold skool model 60 made under contract for Western auto parts, the Revelation. Anyway, mine holds 18+1. Buttons has some pics of it I think. Its a very simple rifle, but the newer Model 60 is alot nicer. Bolt hold open, simplified take down...

yodaddy
August 20, 2004, 03:43 PM
Ooooo. ok im starting to see why the word Marlin is used fo frequently around here. that model 60 does look great.

If you enjoyed reading about "Help! looking for tube fed 22lr" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!