New rifle!

PDA

Slimjim
August 19, 2004, 09:06 PM
Finally i have a .308 Semi auto rifle..And its French. Dont laugh, it ROCKS. ITs a mas 49/56 Converted to .308 by century arms. It has Incrediably Little recoil even when firing hot military loads. And the bolt is pretty simple too. I will report on its accuracy when i goto the range.

Anyone else have one?

If you enjoyed reading about "New rifle!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Damon
August 19, 2004, 09:16 PM
Don't have one, but its always nice to have a new rifle. :D

fistful
August 19, 2004, 11:22 PM
Don't say French rifle; say Freedom Rifle! Repeat after me: Freedom Rifle!

Thank you.

OEF_VET
August 20, 2004, 12:17 AM
Congrats on the new rifle. Given that it's French, I expect the condition is "never fired, only dropped once". Hehe.

Sunray
August 20, 2004, 12:24 AM
"...by century arms..." Before you shoot it, check the head space. Century is notorious for assembling rifles with zero regard to whether or not said rifles are safe to shoot.

BryanP
August 20, 2004, 07:19 AM
Hey Slimjim, congrats on the new rifle. I just bought my first .308 bolt rifle myself and I've got a .308 semi on layaway (Century FAL).

Enjoy your new toy. If someone gives you a hard time about it's French origins just stand proud, stick your right hand inside your shirt about heart level and give'em your best Napoleon Bonaparte withering glare. :evil:

Jeepin' Lawyer
August 20, 2004, 06:23 PM
Congrats on the new rifle. Given that it's French, I expect the condition is "never fired, only dropped once".

LMAO!! :D

Omaha-BeenGlockin
August 20, 2004, 06:35 PM
I've got one in original 7.5mm caliber----gearing up for loading up some ammo---since its scarce and expensive. Mine came with a bayo and has the GL.

Some of those converted ones got botched by Century---be carefull.

Here's more info:

http://www.world.guns.ru/rifle/rfl10-e.htm

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/surplusrifle/vpost?id=2183

If you enjoyed reading about "New rifle!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!