Just venting!

PDA

P95Carry
August 19, 2004, 10:14 PM
OK - ignore this ol' phart but OMG ... just this last several minutes ... SLOW - or what? Long, long delay whilst a page appears or reply gets accepted ..... plus getting some incomplete pages too at times.

I know - I know - this happens at times but ... shucks, it's frustrating.

Ignore me - and I'll go away! :p Time for another Orio ... :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Just venting!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
KMKeller
August 19, 2004, 10:15 PM
I'm with you P95. This joint is moving sssslllloooooowwwwwwwwwww.

Sindawe
August 21, 2004, 04:21 AM
What are you guys using for an OS and browser? I'm running XP SP1 and Opera 7.10. I've noted a good deal of lacking, slowness and stalling on web THR pages, mostly at this time of night, but some during the day. I can see tardiness in the site while maintenance is taking place, which is usually at night for places I know about, but not during the day.

Oddly, I have 0 problem checking from work during the day. Running Win2k Pro SP4/Opera 5.x there.

P95Carry
August 21, 2004, 11:21 AM
Win 2k Pro with Opera 7.23 ..... which for most part goes pretty well, despite still being on sloth driven dial up!

The speed fluctuations do seem quite random at times. May get a whole string of slow calls .. and even partial pages .... plus huge delay on new reply sends .. this is why we see double taps at times IMO.

Then .. out of nowhere -- zippee doo .... back up to good speed .... no apparent rationale, even allowing for busy spells and heavier calls on server. Just now - it is about Ok .. no probs this morning.

sm
August 21, 2004, 11:51 AM
Win XPRro , Firefox here at home.

Like Chris - I am using a dial up ISP. During maintenance and such I get a slow down. Sometimes during the day. I attribute some to my ISP doing some updgrades ( I was advised they were going to) , some to the various viruii that always seems to hit when schools start back up, some to weather [ ie Hurricane ].

At College I use XPPro most often through a T1 , it still occurs fom time to time.

My new excuse - I blame it on Barometric Pressure. I dunno, I just made it up one day at school. Folks scratch chins when you say that. If you blame it on Gremlins - they don't . :)

Too many years dealing with the public. If you can't dazzle them with logic - baffle them with bull chips. ;)

I may not have all this IT down pat like most folks - still learning , but I have some stuff already figured out. Life experiences are a good thing . :D

tyme
August 23, 2004, 01:12 PM
Yeah. Mysql bogs down occasionally. I didn't catch it in the act long enough to tell exactly why, but it looked like mysql's fault. It happened a few minutes ago. Maybe mysql is running out of memory and swapping while the tables are locked. The mysql query list was a mile long.

It's not running out of memory. Must be someone doing some intensive searches, or a bunch of people trying to post at the same time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Just venting!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!