ABC World News Tonight: Valhalla Training Center

PDA

Rob Pincus
August 20, 2004, 08:55 PM
World News Tonight just ran a 2 minunte segment on Valhalla... primarily on the concept of having a Training Center like ours at a World Class resort (Elk Mountain)... there is a good piece on their website:

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/WNT/Travel/training_camp_resort_040820-1.html

Let us know what you think....

If you enjoyed reading about "ABC World News Tonight: Valhalla Training Center" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chipperman
August 20, 2004, 09:38 PM
Did not see the video segment, but the article is interesting. It seems to be written it the tone of, "Look at what these eccentric rich folks are doing. Isn't that cute."

Good in terms of not having much of an anti-gun slant, but bad in terms of not being taken seriously as defense-training.

Zundfolge
August 21, 2004, 12:02 AM
The article on the web page was sub titled "Resort Offers Respite With Anti-Terrorism Twist"

I count that as a big win for RKBA because its the first time I've ever seen the media admit that civilian gun ownership can be a positive thing (ie: Anti Terrorism).

:D

We are winning

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
August 21, 2004, 01:11 AM
There was a good writeup of Valhalla a couple of months ago in SWAT Magazine.

It helped dispel any fluffy bunny notions of a Aspenish-James Bond/Walter Mitty resort.

If there wasn't such a good variety of training facilities here in Texas I might consider it if I'm up there in the neighborhood...come to think of it, I have an old girlfriend whose father is a gunsmith in Montrose, and I haven't visited her in awhile :D

Regards,
Rabbit.

Rob Pincus
August 21, 2004, 10:11 PM
Zun,

I couldn't agree more... one of thebest things about running Valhalla is that, almost daily now, I get to introduce people who would otherwise never come into contact with a pistol to dynamic shooting. Earlier today I finished a training package for a husband & wife from Telluride and they had some other family coming up to join them for lunch at the resort. After lunch, they brought a couple people back so that they could try shooting.. one of them admitted that prior to the session she had never even thought people should be able to own guns.
I could be doing the high-end training with Valhalla anywhere.. being attached to a 5-star resort puts me in a great position to expand the number of "shooters" in our country on a daily basis... and because of the demographic that Valhalla serves, many of them are influential people whose minds are definitely changed for the better in terms of RKBA after visiting.

El Tejon
August 21, 2004, 11:42 PM
Rob, you're stealing a page from the Fabians (or reverse Fabians, like that Simpsons episode "reverse vampires") and I love you for it! Truly Tejonesque!:D

Keep up the good work. :)

atek3
August 22, 2004, 02:46 AM
sounds like you all are doing what front sight TALKS about doing...getting rich and influential people into firearms as a part of self-defense.

atek3

If you enjoyed reading about "ABC World News Tonight: Valhalla Training Center" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!