Colt Collapsible Stock

PDA

TarpleyG
August 20, 2004, 10:29 PM
Anyone know where I can get a Colt collapsible stock for my M4 to replace the fixed one if the AWB sunsets? I have seen RRA and a couple of others but I prefer to stick with Colt. I looked on the Colt site and didn't see anything and I also googled for it.

Greg

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Collapsible Stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
August 21, 2004, 01:08 AM
http://www.specializedarmament.com

BUTTSTOCK KIT, LATEST PRODUCTION COLT/U.S. MILITARY M4 - (W/ REC. EXTENSION, BUTTSTOCK ASSY., H - BUFFER, ACTION SPRING, REC. PLATE, REC. EXT. NUT)
Price: 179.00

dfariswheel
August 21, 2004, 01:44 AM
And if that's a little steep for you, you can get a Mil-spec version from most of the AR rifle makers like Bushmaster, Eagle Arms, and Armalite.

Bushmaster sells several versions, price....$100.00

Brownell's sells several versions, including an original CAR type made of aluminum for $100.00 and a Fiber-rite version for $66.00, AND they list the Colt collapsible stock for the AR-15 Government Carbine for $60.00

TarpleyG
August 21, 2004, 08:46 AM
I see it at Brownell's for $89 with my discount. $112 regular price. That is what I am looking for. Don't know why I couldn't find it before. Thanks all.

Now, for a different question--what is involved in changing the muzzle brake on my post ban M4 to a real flash suppressor. Can a 'smith do it without making the barrel too short.

Can't wait until 9/14...

Greg

Chipperman
August 21, 2004, 09:47 AM
Depends on how the brake is atatched, and if the muzzle is threaded. If the muzzle is threaded, and the brake is just spot-welded on, you could easily do it yourself.

TarpleyG
August 21, 2004, 03:32 PM
I think the brake has a pin. According to a friend that I just finished discussing this with, I should be able to remove the pin and screw off the brake and screw on a flash suppressor. Guess I won't know for sure unless I remove that pin unless someone knows for sure on Colts.

Greg

Knife_Sniper
August 21, 2004, 10:35 PM
And if that's a little steep for you, you can get a Mil-spec version from most of the AR rifle makers like Bushmaster, Eagle Arms, and Armalite.

Bushmaster sells several versions, price....$100.00

Brownell's sells several versions, including an original CAR type made of aluminum for $100.00 and a Fiber-rite version for $66.00, AND they list the Colt collapsible stock for the AR-15 Government Carbine for $60.00

Bushmaster, EA, Armalite, ect. Don't make a milspec col stock. Their tubes are too large. If you install one of their col stocks on an actual mil-spec tube it will rattle all over the place.

If you have the available funds I say go with a better stock such as a vltor or a LMT crane replica or possibly a MAGPUL. It will be an upgrade you wont have to make down the road, and you will have a better stock.
I have handled the cheaper stuff (Cav Arms, Bushy teles) at gunshows and whatnot, and I will say it just doesen't compare. Even the buffer tube felt cheaper... :(

A forged receiver extension, plus a super tight rattle free modular stock for $179 are what you get when you purchase VLTOR. Its the entry level model in the superstocks category. In this case I think many will say it is of better quality (obviously) than an actual colt col stock.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Collapsible Stock" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!