National Forests in Georgia

PDA

Highpower1
August 21, 2004, 04:04 AM
Was just curious if anyone could tell me the closest National forest that I could shoot at near Duluth GA. I can't find any information as to a close range to go shoot at. Any help with this would be greatly appreicated.

If you enjoyed reading about "National Forests in Georgia" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Byron
August 21, 2004, 10:32 AM
The North Georgia mountains are up the road from Atlanta taking I575 and becoming Hwy 515 (slow down at the Pickens County line).North Gilmer County and Fannin are covered up in National Forest Wilderness that is wide open for hunting and shooting.Check with the DNR in Ellijay for the safest spot to shot.Maps are available at the Forestry Dept in Blue Ridge.It is on the east side of town on the right passed Ingles Grocery store. I am a native of Georgia and lived many years in these mountains. Byron

If you enjoyed reading about "National Forests in Georgia" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!