How many don't make major?

PDA

Navy joe
February 19, 2003, 01:56 PM
Who shoots USPSA and gives up the major advantage? I know WeShoot does, I've seen one local guy that is really good with a revolver do the same. I'm probably going to shoot my production legal Glock in Limited next week since a local club is having a 4 classifier. Shouldn't hurt me much, I usually would place about halfway down against the Limited guys when shooting production with 10rd mags. I guess better look out when I get the 23 rd stick in there. :cool:
Give me a year our two and I'll be the only shooter in the Nation to be C carded in 5 divisions. 2 down, three to go...:banghead:

If you enjoyed reading about "How many don't make major?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bergeron
February 19, 2003, 02:33 PM
Well, I give up making major on the simple fact that all that I have to shoot USPSA with is my USP9F. Definetly teaches me to hit that A-Zone, though.

February 19, 2003, 03:37 PM
I do. Didn't used to. My job doesn't allow me to compete often enough to have any hope of getting good enough to win, so I shoot for fun. I didn't want to wear out, my beautiful guns and expensive mags so I shoot both IDPA and IPSC with a Ruger P89, 10 round mags and a Fobus Holster.

AZ Jeff
February 19, 2003, 06:46 PM
If you are shooting Production Class, there is no benefit to shooting Major, as all guns in that class are scored Minor. Since I like shooting 9mm in general (it's my carry caliber), I shoot a G34 in Production, with good results (by my standards:D )

Navy joe
February 19, 2003, 07:21 PM
I meant other than production. I do give a good head scratch to people shooting G21s and the like in prod. Every since I started shooting the sissy caliber my points actually got worse. With L10 I was speed limited as my stage points were usually within a couple of the stage winner. Now with the 9mm I decided it was time to get serious in the run and gun mode. Eventually I'll get the hits back, I found that even while dropping points left and right I am ending up higher than I would have with the L10 approach.

Trsnrtr
February 23, 2003, 09:22 AM
I've only been shooting USPSA since they introduced Production, etc. I started shooting a Glock 34 9mm in Prod. and a G22 .40 in Lim10 and Lim with 18 rd. mags. Then, one day, just because it was easier to pack, I shot the G22 in all 3 classes and my production scores didn't suffer at all. At that point, I'm making Major even in Production.

Then, I decide to start shooting a .38 Super in IDPA ESP. So, to get more practice with it, I shoot it a couple of times in USPSA Lim10 as Minor. And, I finish in the top third overall which is about right for my current level of ability.

So, now I'm a totally screwed up shooter, shooting Major in Production, Minor in Limited 10, and Major in Limited. :rolleyes:

I'll get settled one of these days. :)

Longbow
February 25, 2003, 11:43 PM
Trsnrtr,
Just curious, where do you shoot IPSC at? I'm from Il (northern) too. I belong to NISA.

WESHOOT2
February 26, 2003, 05:55 PM
When I started there was the 9x19 Witness; I shot Minor.

I actually shoot guns I carry, so I decided early on to ignore the Major/Minor difference unless it was my 40 S&W.
So far I've shot Minor with 9x19, 38 Special, 38 Super, 357 Magnum (yep), 40 S&W, and even the 45 ACP.
Don't seem to be able to get decent accuracy with Minor loads in my 41 AE, 400 Cor-Bon, 41 and 44 Mags, or my 45 Colt.
No extra credit for making 250+ PF either :scrutiny:

To me IPSC is not golf..................but some might get discouraged when they check the scores on a stage and notice their time was third overall but their points rendered them 17th :banghead:

Still, I'll continue to do the same, as my ego swells from surviving; know what I mean?

Man I love shootin'

"Caliber of shooter.........."

FY33102
www.gmps.ws
DVC

AZ Jeff
February 27, 2003, 05:48 PM
Say Longbow--
So you shoot with NISA, huh? I used to shoot there for YEARS, until I moved out to AZ. Did lot's of RO work, etc. Is Perry Wilson still a big force in the club? He's a great guy....

Longbow
February 27, 2003, 05:59 PM
Yep he is! As always been....he's a great guy. :)
When did you move out? I started with NISA in 1994. We've probably met before.
I bet you have a better time shooting IPSC in AZ, uh! I'de like to move out of Il. someday too! Maybe someplace that I can shoot IPSC outdoors all year, like.....AZ! :)

If you enjoyed reading about "How many don't make major?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!