Letter nails whiney congresscritter

PDA

Brad Johnson
February 19, 2003, 02:05 PM
Check out this letter to rep Danny Davis from a member of Armed Females of America. (http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/newgunban.htm). Talk about getting straight to the point! You GO girl!

Brad

If you enjoyed reading about "Letter nails whiney congresscritter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jack19
February 19, 2003, 02:19 PM
Whoa!! She's good. :D :D :D

762x51
February 19, 2003, 02:32 PM
Nice! :cool:

Leatherneck
February 19, 2003, 02:53 PM
I'm in awe! What a great letter! Too bad Davis won't even get past the first line:banghead:

TC
TFL Survivor

Carlos Cabeza
February 19, 2003, 03:05 PM
I think I'm in love..............................................

Airwolf
February 19, 2003, 03:15 PM
http://flymeaway.net/images/clap.gifhttp://flymeaway.net/images/clap.gifhttp://flymeaway.net/images/clap.gifhttp://flymeaway.net/images/clap.gifhttp://flymeaway.net/images/clap.gif

hutch24
February 19, 2003, 03:23 PM
WOW!!! Great letter. I always love to see a congress critter put in his place. :D

4v50 Gary
February 19, 2003, 03:23 PM
If anything can make a grown man cower, it's a grown and angry woman. Kudos to you sister!

VaughnT
February 19, 2003, 03:40 PM
I'm impressed! If she ever wants to get married, I'll be here.

Sisco
February 19, 2003, 03:42 PM
You go girl!!

http://atypically.net/smilies/headbang.gif

TallPine
February 19, 2003, 03:46 PM
I think she should have been a little more straightforward and to the point, instead of dancing around and trying not to hurt his feelings.

:D

grampster
February 19, 2003, 04:32 PM
I offered to adopt her in an e-mail.

Waitone
February 19, 2003, 04:58 PM
Never, ever irritate a woman with a gun.

Blackhawk
February 19, 2003, 05:10 PM
Way to go, Nicki! :neener: :neener: :neener:

Felonious Monk
February 19, 2003, 05:31 PM
A modest proposal...

Hi, Nicki!

I am a member of an online RKBA forum called TheHighRoad.org, which was an outgrowth of The Firing Line after its demise. I'd like to invite you and any of your sisters at Armed Females of America to come and visit us at www.thehighroad.org. There you will find many like-minded men and women with similar views to AFA.

I read your letter to Rep. Danny Davis, and want to thank you for laying it out clearly for him. Amazing that sheeple of his ilk are actually sucking air and taking up space on the shores of this wonderful country.

I have wrestled with this since reading your letter yesterday; but my conscience will not let me do otherwise, so I'm asking:

Will you Marry Me?

Sincerely,
Ben Jxxxx

blades67
February 19, 2003, 05:48 PM
She has his number.

MitchSchaft
February 19, 2003, 05:57 PM
She has his ***.

meathammer
February 19, 2003, 06:24 PM
Great letter! :D

blades67
February 19, 2003, 06:32 PM
The Armed Females of America office is about seven miles from my place, I may have to go propose in person.:neener:

Airwolf
February 19, 2003, 06:40 PM
Sorry guys... She's married :(

From another site I participate at:

Wonder if Nicki is married?

Yes she is.
I met her and her husband last fall when he came in to buy a gun for work.
He is a miniJBT(fed guard for DOE I think..) and she was making fun of him for it!!
She is VERY cool to talk to.

geegee
February 19, 2003, 07:09 PM
I just fired off a note of appreciation to Nicki and got this response: Paul, thanks so much for taking the time to write. I plan to send a similar nasty to Sarah Brady and Tom Diaz. I don't think they'll get a clue, but it's worth a shot.
Ooohhhh, Mama!!! :D :p geegee

Airwolf
February 19, 2003, 07:18 PM
:what:

Need to get her and Ronnie Barrett working together on some more communications like this. The 2 of them have a gift for telling it like is!

Go, GO, *GO*!!!!

Quartus
February 19, 2003, 07:25 PM
it's worth a shot

Uh, any double meaning there? :D

Oh, okay, I'm just kidding. I don't really want to see them shot. That's for enemy spies.

Traitors should be hung.

Ron L
February 19, 2003, 08:56 PM
Well, while I was reading the letter, my wife read over my shoulder "Armed Female" and as soon as I was done, she kicked me off the computer and spent over an hour there and bookmarked it. We never knew it existed. I just need to get another computer. :)

454c
February 19, 2003, 09:25 PM
WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I don't know her,but I like her style.She should send that to some newspapers,if they would even print it.Doubt if he would reply,but maybe it would give the people something to consider instead of just hearing his version.

Tempest
February 19, 2003, 09:51 PM
Wow! Never in a million years did I anticipate such a response to this! I'm stunned! The response to this brain dump is really flattering, and I'm totally floored. :)

I've gotten lots of invites to come check this place out. I was a member of TFL before its death, so it's nice to see this forum alive and well.

I'll be writing a bi-weekly for AFA again, like I did before its reorganization, so I look forward to seeing all of you there. :cool:

twoblink
February 19, 2003, 10:00 PM
Oh, it's just Nikki... I thought it was someone I didn't know...

Nikki, can you say it a bit more bluntly for the man?? :D

Someone should teach the man some basic econ; we live in a society of "wants" and not "needs". He doesn't NEED to breath, but I'm sure he WANTS to, to stay alive... Although I think is a waste of perfectly good air, as Oleg would say..

Cliff
February 19, 2003, 10:00 PM
Hi Nicki,
Welcom to the Highroad! Thank you for what you've written,it was great to read.looking forward to reading more from you.

Airwolf
February 19, 2003, 10:08 PM
Hey Tempest!

You've got a LOT of fans over here as well:

http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=171047

Your letter was a grand-slam home run.

I stand in awe of a master wordsmith.

http://flymeaway.net/images/anim_hail2.gif

Tempest
February 19, 2003, 10:27 PM
Fans? Wordsmith? OMG!!! LOL

It was nothing but a braindump! Something that happens when I get pissed off. he he Must have been that time of the month! :what: :evil:

And nearly every Congresscritter is a waste of air. We need to lock them up, give them paper utensils and applesauce and let them urinate on themselves in a small cell far away from all humanity. It's a wonder these morons can tie their shoes by themselves!

Hey, where IS Oleg?

Wade
February 19, 2003, 11:10 PM
Nicki,

That letter was nothing short of a work of art.

Welcome aboard!

Tempest
February 19, 2003, 11:45 PM
Quit making me blush already! :D

:o

You guys are too generous.

G-Raptor
February 20, 2003, 12:13 AM
Great letter!!

"Would that I could be so eloquent and forthright".

Pleased to "meet" you. :cool:

Tempest
February 20, 2003, 12:17 AM
Very nice to "meet" you, Mr. Mere Man ;)

JohnKSa
February 20, 2003, 12:32 AM
I have a negative comment :uhoh:

The ammunition picture is covering part of the letter on the website.

Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed it! :D

Tempest
February 20, 2003, 12:37 AM
John, bear with AFA for a few. They're still ironing out kinks from a complete reorganization of the site, a new webmaster and a new platform. My margins were all messed up when I first accessed the article. They're working on the problem. :)

JohnKSa
February 20, 2003, 12:48 AM
Cancel that...

I tried a different browser and it opened fine.

SkySlash
February 20, 2003, 12:53 AM
Very impressive work Nikki, both myself and my wife were thrilled to see it.

Good show sticking it to the man!

-SS :D

Airwolf
February 20, 2003, 01:10 AM
Good Grief! MORE fans :D

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=136201

Nikki, I'd say that you have struck a major cord.

Archie
February 20, 2003, 01:10 AM
http://www.house.gov/davis

Maybe we should all send him a note asking if he's read her letter. Offer to explain the big words, perhaps....

nvrquit
February 20, 2003, 01:20 AM
I do believe that she is trying to get a certain point across!

And my wife thought I could get a little acidic in my commentary durring my younger days(before the years of marriage polished my rough edges).

Hmmm, could we have Nikki appointed as our UN ambassador?:evil:

NewShooter78
February 20, 2003, 01:22 AM
It was a great letter. I sent a little email to you from the AFA website earlier today when I first read your rant. I still think its awsome. We need to put together a whole book of online rants like these, publish them, and send them to every anti on the "Hill".

February 20, 2003, 02:20 AM
Whoooeee, that woman knows how to use a knife. Ole' dumbo was probably bleeeding out before he even relized he was cut. I bet her hubby(the"mini-jbt" walks real soft around her when she's POed..

Guy B. Meredith
February 20, 2003, 02:43 AM
Tempest,

Whew. I am in awe. Do I have permission to forward this to our SF Bay area slackers?

Guy B. Meredith

4thHorseman
February 20, 2003, 04:39 AM
Yeah, what she said!!!!

It's good to see a woman who refuses to be a victum. Way to go!

Phyphor
February 20, 2003, 04:47 AM
As a representitive of the gamer & gunner population, I would like to put forth my opinion on this magnificent piece of writing...

In gamerspeak.

Actually, this statement refers to Davis' current status.....

P\/\/|\|3|)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:evil: :cuss:

4570Rick
February 20, 2003, 05:15 AM
I am in the presence of greatness.

<kneeling and bowing> I am not worthy. I am not worthy. :D

Tempest
February 20, 2003, 09:48 AM
You are free to post any of my writing on AFA or Keepandbeararms.com anywhere you'd like, guys, as long as credit is given and the site is mentioned. KABA and AFA have a lot of terrific information, so I like to bring as many people over to those two sites as possible - not just to read my rants, although that's very flattering as well. But yeah - go for it! :)

I think if every person we knew got their butt in gear for 1/2 hour and wrote their Congressleech a nastygram, they would be deluged, and maybe they'd finally start to hear us! We need to do something, guys! Seriously! If y'all want to use my letter to Davis as a template, and just send it to every Congressleech's email, I'm all for it. They need a wake-up call, dangit! :cuss:

jsalcedo
February 20, 2003, 10:01 AM
Looks like that letter was popular....
their server crashed and I can't read it.
anyone got the text?

Thanks

Tempest
February 20, 2003, 10:12 AM
Not sure why you're having troubles accessing. It's up. I just checked. :)

jsalcedo
February 20, 2003, 10:19 AM
Thanks finally got it!

Woo Hoo!

ZekeLuvs1911
February 20, 2003, 10:32 AM
Hello Nicki,
Just wondering if that air sucker replied to you at all. Just curious. Great job and you got my vote to be our next Great Leader. :D

Tempest
February 20, 2003, 10:39 AM
Naw - he hasn't replied. I have to send snail mail, since his site - at last check - was under construction. (convenient, isn't it?) Anyway, I don't expect a reply. I sent Michael Moore a NASTY letter a few months ago, and he didn't reply either (shock! surprise!) But at least I got it off my chest. :cool:

Tempest
February 20, 2003, 11:04 AM
I decided not to waste the 37 cents. Instead, I faked a Chicago address on the House.gov website, and sent it to him electronically. One of two things will now happen:

1 - nothing
2 - there will be jack-booted thugs at my door, breaking into my home to collect my computer and me and cart us off to jail.

Any lawyers out there willing to get me out pro bono? ;)

BigG
February 20, 2003, 01:03 PM
I know I'm a little late in the game, but the link is kaput.

Brad Johnson
February 20, 2003, 01:18 PM
The link is back up. I think the AFA server is getting slammed beyond all belief, seeing as how popular Nicki's letter has become. I even had several pro-gun friends who e-mailed me a link to it yesterday (not knowing I'm the one who posted it here and on The Firing Range).

At any rate, the letter is sure getting a lot of attention!

Brad

Monkeyleg
February 20, 2003, 06:28 PM
Great job, Nicki! You don't mince words, do you?

Minute_Of_Torso
February 21, 2003, 01:10 AM
Let's put her in charge of the NRA, GOA and any other RKBA organization we can think of.

No more compromise, no more reconciliation.

She's awesome!

If you enjoyed reading about "Letter nails whiney congresscritter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!