Commercial Yugo SKS???

PDA

rugerfreak
August 22, 2004, 09:41 PM
Just picked up another Yugo today.

She's in mint condition---with very little cosmo to clean off---only took less than an hour to clean the crud off----still need work on the bore yet and the pin is still a bit sticky but other than that first clening job is done.

It was imported by KBI and the leather pouches and other stuff are like brand new with no cosmo on them like my other Yugo's.

A couple things make me wonder if this was some sort of commercial model.

1. The stock isn't like I've seen on any other Yugo's--the wood is pretty much like that on my Polish MN M44---seems like stained hardwood.

2. The receiver is stamped made by Zavasta.

3. It came with a log book where it was rubber stamped that it was made in 1989---then signed off on----then farther back in the book says that 50 rounds were test fired and signed off on.

I thought they stopped producing 59/66's in the early seventies???

Any thoughts??

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Commercial Yugo SKS???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.H. Lee
August 22, 2004, 09:49 PM
You might try these guys
www.sksboards.com :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Commercial Yugo SKS???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!