which states are under the awb

PDA

ny_vin18
August 22, 2004, 11:59 PM
how do i find out which states follow the assault weapon ban like for instance i live on long island new york how do i find out if new york is one of the states that is under the assault weapon ban and if i could purchase an assault weapon or not in the state of ny or is the ban in nys also can someone direct me to a webpage or does someone know if ny is under the awb thanks everyone

vinnie

If you enjoyed reading about "which states are under the awb" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Weimadog
August 23, 2004, 12:10 AM
Go to the NRA page (http://www.nra-ila.org/GunLaws/Default.aspx) and click on the state you want to know about!

ny_vin18
August 23, 2004, 12:20 AM
thanks for the website im sure it will help me out

tarrigoni
August 23, 2004, 01:04 AM
Vinnie,

Please use punctuation in your posts. It would make them much easier to read.

Thanks!

Trebor
August 23, 2004, 01:33 AM
The Federal AWB affects all 50 states. It is set to expire soon and hopefully no new legislation will replace it.

Many states also have their own state level version of a AWB ban. Those will not go away when the federal law expires.

In short, you have to be aware of both Federal and State law to stay in compliance.

Archie
August 23, 2004, 01:35 AM
I was wondering if William Faulkner had perhaps joined the forum....

telewinz
August 23, 2004, 06:46 AM
William Faulkner had perhaps joined the forum....
Please do not waste punctuation, it is one of our precious un-natural resources and is on the endangered gammar list. One period is more than enough, don't you know that there are thousands of illiterate writers in this country due to the shortage of periods!:D

TarpleyG
August 23, 2004, 02:23 PM
Vinnie,

Please use punctuation in your posts. It would make them much easier to read.

Thanks!
A result of the IM generation.

Greg

boofus
August 23, 2004, 02:26 PM
e E cUmminGs sHOuld, joIN thiS bOArd; :neener:

WT
August 23, 2004, 02:36 PM
I believe there are 7 states that have their own assault rifle bans. They include Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, California. I think Massachusetts also has its own AR laws. The two other states, well I can't remember.

Dead
August 23, 2004, 06:12 PM
WT,

YOu are correct, though in NJ you can own a few of them rifles, as long as they dont have a flash hider, or lug, or folding/col stock...

So far AR-15 type, AK type rifle SAR, MAK90, etc, and M1A - (with flash hider) are all legal!! Just no mags over 15 rounds. :(

Among others I am sure.

SOT_II
August 23, 2004, 06:21 PM
NY has it's own AWB...no new guns for you!

If you enjoyed reading about "which states are under the awb" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!