Embarassing moment...

PDA

CAS700850
August 23, 2004, 05:02 PM
I had a slightly embarassing moment over the weekend. I came into work over the weekend, to get a few things done without the phone ringing. Anyways, I get some work done, go to leave, and the *&% elevator stops between floors. I hit the button, and talk to the secuity guy. he lets me know that I'm really stuck, and he's calling for maintanance. No big deal. I've got a magazine, a fresh bottle of water, and the elevator is big enough to sit and get comfortable. Ten minutes goes by, and the secuity guy buzzes me to let me know maintainance is working on the problem, but it's going to be another 30-45 minutes.

So, at this point, I've got half an hour to kill. It dawns on me that the elevatory shafts are brick on three sides, so I have a safe backstop. I have on a ccw. And I have a post-it note to use as an aiming point. I clear my weapon, double check, and triple check it to be sure it's empty. I then begin doing draw to the shot exercises, dropping on an empty chamber (It's a Glock, so no double-taps). Time flies when you're having fun. Security comes on to tell me the elevator is fixed, so they'll be moving me in a couple of minutes. I load up, holster up, and get ready. the elevator gets to the first floor, I step off, and shake hands with maintanance and the security guy. Security guy then has me fill out the requisite forms, and as I hand him the clipboard back, he says "Oh, by the way, I find I can draw a little smoother if you hit the thumbbreak as you grip the pistol, and not as you start your upwards momentum on the draw stroke." I give him the inquisitive look, and he points to the newly installed secuity monitors in the elevators. I thank him for the tip, and head home with a reminder that we are not always as alone as we might think...

If you enjoyed reading about "Embarassing moment..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
41mag
August 23, 2004, 05:05 PM
ROFL!:D

IAJack
August 23, 2004, 05:07 PM
well atleast it wasn't a copy of maxim or hustler and...OK I won't go there.

I bet they get pretty good entertainment from those cameras though!

GigaBuist
Well, at least you were being safe about it! I thought for sure there was going to be a hole in the elevator shaft when I first started reading. I presume your work has no rule about weapons in the building?

schizrade
Hey at least he wasn't calling the FBI and screaming about child killing guns!

Great story BTW. I once got caught in an elevator at San Jose State University for 4 hours. With 2 other people. One was a paniky girl and the other was a guy who wouldn't stop bitching about his need for a cigarette. :banghead:

Ktulu
August 23, 2004, 05:08 PM
Nice! Excellent time management.

aguyindallas
August 23, 2004, 05:11 PM
That is priceless!!!

P95Carry
August 23, 2004, 05:33 PM
ROTFLMAO!!! :D

Thanks for ''owning up'' - indeed it is priceless.:)

rayra
August 23, 2004, 06:05 PM
sweet.

cordex
August 23, 2004, 06:12 PM
Heh. Nice of the guard to give you some tips.

SAWBONES
August 23, 2004, 06:14 PM
Good job.
Nice to have pro-gun people to deal with instead of the usual hoplophobes!

Blackcloud6
August 23, 2004, 08:43 PM
One was a paniky girl and the other was a guy who wouldn't stop bitching about his need for a cigarette.

Toss complaining whiner down the shaft to go look for smoke, spend rest of time "calming down" the panicky girl. Sounds like a solution, eh? ;)

mcneill
August 23, 2004, 09:44 PM
Good story, CAS. At my age, if I ever got stuck on an elevator I'm sure I would have to go to the bathroom, immediately!:D I guess I could empty the water bottle then refill it. Now wouldn't that look good on the security camera.

Jim

Rebeldon
August 23, 2004, 11:17 PM
Hey, just think about all the times you picked you nose in the elevator and didn't know anybody was watching. :D

OF
August 23, 2004, 11:21 PM
That is too funny. :D

- Gabe

P95Carry
August 23, 2004, 11:45 PM
just think about all the times you picked you nose in the elevator Hahaha! ...... let alone - scratched your ............ butt!:D

Jackthelad
August 24, 2004, 12:02 AM
Great story!

Range Ninja
August 24, 2004, 12:21 AM
Thank God the security gaurd was pro-gun. Good story.:D

Guy L Johnson
August 24, 2004, 12:57 AM
On A friday evening dropping your wallet at the register in Dennys and having your full sized 1911 slid out of the holdster and slip out of your coat onto the floor as ou try to pick it up, at that time i mastered the 1.5 second pick up and reholdster

SASS#23149
August 24, 2004, 01:05 AM
Good thing ya din't drop it!!

Great post!

Highpower1
August 24, 2004, 01:25 AM
you should invite the security guard to go shooting with you. I don't know your companies policy on firearms, but it looks as this security guard was pretty cool. Just a thought about inviting him to shoot with you.

Edward429451
August 24, 2004, 01:54 AM
That is funny. Reminds me of when I used to be a security guard in Columbus way back when. Assigned to guard a multiple story office building overnight while under construction and the toughest thing was staying awake so I'd amuse myself 'clearing the building' and slicing the pie on my rounds. That was one secure construction site!

S_O_Laban
August 24, 2004, 03:53 AM
Pretty cool.:D

Atticus
August 24, 2004, 11:58 AM
That's hillarious. I'll bet the guard was relieved when he figured out what you were doing. He was probably a bit wigged - out at first.

If you enjoyed reading about "Embarassing moment..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!