There's no use crying over spilt CLP.

PDA

BHPshooter
August 24, 2004, 11:36 AM
I feel really dumb.

Last night I was getting ready to head into work. I sat down on the edge of my bed to change my shoes. About halfway into putting on my second shoe, I heard this odd noise... like static.

So I looked down at my clock radio. Nope, not it...

I looked for probably 2 minutes before I saw it -- directly under my bedframe was my large can of CLP. When I sat down on the bed, the frame flexed ever-so-slightly, lightly pressing down the nozzle.

There was a puddle about 14 inches long and 6 inches wide on my floor... It's concrete in that area though, so I guess this is one of those small blessings.

Still feel dumb, though. :rolleyes:

Wes

If you enjoyed reading about "There's no use crying over spilt CLP." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
joegerardi
August 24, 2004, 12:10 PM
Umm, not sure I want the answer to this, but why do you have a lubricant near your bed????? :):):):)

..Joe

Skunkabilly
August 24, 2004, 12:14 PM
I'd be careful; that stuff leaves stains. I have CLP stains on my bed (no where else to put my guns when they're laid out)

Ric
August 24, 2004, 12:32 PM
Your bedroom would smell better with Hoppes:D

BHPshooter
August 24, 2004, 02:02 PM
Umm, not sure I want the answer to this, but why do you have a lubricant near your bed?????

A gun lubricant near my bed, you mean... the answer to that is because I keep a gun under my pillow, and because I do a nightly "rust rubdown."

I'd be careful; that stuff leaves stains. I have CLP stains on my bed

Luckily, the puddle is under my bed, where the floor is concrete. I don't think I need to worry about that staining. As for the one under my pillow, I keep it in a holster, and haven't noticed stains yet. Thanks for the warning, though. It's something to be aware of.

Wes

torpid
August 24, 2004, 02:34 PM
More good cautionary "bedroom" storage advice:

If you keep a tube of "lubricant" in the nightstand, do NOT store a tube of superglue there as well.

It was dark. Mistakes were made...

johnnymenudo
August 24, 2004, 02:41 PM
Concrete floor in your bedroom? You living in a bunker??

JM

Brad Johnson
August 24, 2004, 02:43 PM
At least the floor won't rust now.

Brad

joegerardi
August 24, 2004, 02:55 PM
...because I do a nightly "rust rubdown."

And I ain't going NEAR that one! :)

..Joe

DevinB
August 24, 2004, 03:26 PM

That's what I was wondering...

Kharn
August 24, 2004, 04:32 PM
Somehow the lid on the small container of Hoppes I keep in my range bag became loose enough to leak a couple mL all over my gear. Luckily it didnt eat my Peltors or range pass, but my glasses case has a funny green & white mark on it now. :(

Kharn

WhiteKnight
August 24, 2004, 06:11 PM
It was dark. Mistakes were made

:what:

Jake
August 24, 2004, 07:31 PM
"More good cautionary "bedroom" storage advice:

If you keep a tube of "lubricant" in the nightstand, do NOT store a tube of superglue there as well.

It was dark. Mistakes were made..."

Thank you very much. After the day I had, I really needed that laugh.

BHPshooter
August 25, 2004, 10:55 AM

Close... basement. The sections of floor where I walk have rugs on them, but under the bed and furniture is still just plain concrete.

It isn't pretty, but it's easy to clean up CLP spills. :rolleyes: :banghead:

Wes

Treylis
August 25, 2004, 03:37 PM
Gah, I just spilled AN ENTIRE BOTTLE of Hoppe's all over the place a few days ago when cleaning my guns. Room stank uncontrollably, it was terrible. I don't mind a little for flavor, but an entire bottle is too much, plus it's an expensive waste.

If you enjoyed reading about "There's no use crying over spilt CLP." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!