I'm going through withdrawal...

PDA

Jake
August 24, 2004, 08:06 PM
Well next month it will have been exactly 1 year since my last gun purchase. I'm starting to lose my mind. Sometimes the itch to buy a new gun is really bad and at other times it kind of fades away a little. I'm sure most of you here know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately due to the ongoing war I've been waging with Murphy's Law since the start of the year, I can't even afford a Mosin Nagant or even any other cheap option. I have come up with a odd solution to help ease the pain a little. I buy ammo for guns I don't own. Yet. Not a lot of ammo but just a little. (Otherwise I could save the ammo money and just buy a gun.)

Every 2 months or so I wander into the local shop and window shop. Then I'll pick up some small box of cheap ammo for some gun I hope to own in the future. Just little stuff like a box of 7.62x54R for the Nagant I plan on getting or some .223 etc. So am I nuts, or does this make sense to anyone else?

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm going through withdrawal..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Daniel964
August 24, 2004, 08:30 PM
I have ammo in several calibers that I don't have guns for. But I will have them some day.

manwithoutahome
August 24, 2004, 11:12 PM
You're nuts :D

No. Here's what you do. Take all your change and put that into a jar (kinda like you did as a child).

Just keep on doing this. Put in a spare buck or two every now and then. Then, when you get the need (as long as it's not every day, 6months to a year is good) then count the money.

Got me a CZ-52 that way.

I've bought ammo for guns that I don't have but I have one now. CZ-52, 30-40 Kraig. I do have some 9x18 so that means a Mak is in the near future. The jar just ain't up to it yet but will be by Christmas :).

Wayne

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm going through withdrawal..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!