I do believe my C&R license is the nail in the coffin

PDA

chickenfried
August 24, 2004, 09:36 PM
About week and a half ago I made my first c&r purchase a Winchester model 12 made in 1924, even though I've had the license about a year. Yesterday I bought a Winchester model 70, .30-06 made in 1946. Boy, I'm wishing I hadn't sold my winchester garand :banghead: .

The floodgates are officialy open, now there's no telling how big my collection will get. At one time I actually thought I'd have four guns at most. Even after passing that number I still held out hope to keep it reasonable. I now realize there is no hope :D.

http://pictures.auctionarms.com/3575184557/be6c560aa19b0da030d7ce96dc194e66.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "I do believe my C&R license is the nail in the coffin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Can'thavenuthingood
August 24, 2004, 10:06 PM
Beautiful.
I'd have to hang that in my living room so the light hits it just right. Oh, no wait I'm married, can't have that. We gotta have "real" art hanging on the walls.

Is it a shooter? You plan to hunt with it?

You had a Winchester Garand and you sold it? What kind of gun did they hold to your head?

That would have made a nice "set".

Okay, enough guilt.
Vick

WhoKnowsWho
August 24, 2004, 11:00 PM
Wow, that is a really nice tiger stripe on that stock.

chickenfried
August 24, 2004, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the compliments. I have decided somewhat prematurely to call this rifle, HOG SLAYER :p

I sold my WRA Garand to buy a M1A. Now, wish I just kept the WRA aaaand bought the M1A.

Sam Adams
August 25, 2004, 12:15 PM
I just got my C&R. My safe is already close to filled, and now I'm looking at getting at least a K-31, a Mosin or 2 (or 5?), an Enfield, and who knows what else. Any of those can be explained away to She Who Must Be Obeyed on an individual basis; the real trouble will be when I have to buy a bigger safe.:what: Maybe I can put a few guns in the same closet, and just install a lock on the door to keep the kids out...yeah, that's the ticket, make the whole closet a safe.:D

sturmruger
August 25, 2004, 12:41 PM
That is a great looking rifle. Congrats on the C&R!!

Leatherneck
August 25, 2004, 05:13 PM
I feel your pain, Bro. I just got the second SMLE, and i have the M-1 and carbine plus a K31. haven't even begun with the pistols! Such pain, OY! :D
It sure is a wierd--nice wierd-- feeling to take delivery of a gun in the driveway, Huh?
TC
TFL Survivor

If you enjoyed reading about "I do believe my C&R license is the nail in the coffin" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!