Anyone ever found SuperX's in RemGoldPak?

PDA

Moparmike
August 24, 2004, 10:06 PM
I found 4 SuperX's out of probably 80 or so .22's I shot today.

Oh, and if you had to choose between a stance that hurt your back and shoot poorly or a stance that made you shoot like crap but felt ok which one would it be? (handguns)

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone ever found SuperX's in RemGoldPak?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jsalcedo
August 24, 2004, 11:06 PM
I would keep practicing with the comfortable stance until it improves.

I find that with extreme concentration (which causes me eyestrain and major fatigue) my groups shrink 75%

Shooting for recreation instead of competition I'm fine with my relaxed
results. If its a new gun I'll try to wring out the best possible I can muster
to determine maximum accuracy at least once.

Mal H
August 25, 2004, 01:46 AM
You found Winchester SuperX in a Remington pack? I've gotta think that happened at the store and not at Remington.

Kingcreek
August 25, 2004, 01:56 AM
NO to the first question.
Oh, and if you had to choose between a stance that hurt your back and shoot poorly or a stance that made you shoot like crap but felt ok which one would it be?
I would find out what was wrong with my back since you state you either shoot "poorly" or "like crap".

J Miller
August 25, 2004, 01:47 PM
I've never found Winchester .22 Ammo in a sealed box of Remington .22 Ammo.
~However~ I once bought a box of Remington .45 Colt ammo that had to have been made by Winchester. From the apearance of the cartridges, the brass, cannelure, and bullet was identicle to the Winchester factory ammo I had. And the headstamp, although stamped with the R-P stamp, used the same font that the Winchesters did. So could these old line companies be making ammo for each other?........I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh, and if you had to choose between a stance that hurt your back and shoot poorly or a stance that made you shoot like crap but felt ok which one would it be? (handguns)
I'd do several things here. First: I'd practice in the more comfortable position. Second: I'd find out what was wrong with my back and get it fixed if possible. Third: If the back problem couldn't be fixed, I'd practice untill I could shoot well.

Joe

Moparmike
August 25, 2004, 07:36 PM
My back problem is caused from being overweight. When I lean forward in the "recoil absorbing" IDPA-type stance in my modified-Weaver stance, my lower back starts hurting after about a mag.

Yes, I know, lose some weight...

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone ever found SuperX's in RemGoldPak?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!