C&R license ? for me

PDA

chetrogers
August 26, 2004, 02:00 AM
I have searched the forums on this subject and still am a little confused.Or just need to confirm what i think.I'm curious when a person buys guns from if they have there C&R.Are there websites that sell them or can it be from anyone who owns a gun.Or do they also need a C&R license.I'm contemplating trying to get one but just dont know yet.Thanks for any info

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R license ? for me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Trebor
August 26, 2004, 02:44 AM
Go to the ATF site for more info. I think it's: www.atf.gov

Basically, a Type 03 C&R license allows the license holder to have C&R eligible firearms shipped right to the premises listed on the license. You don't have to go through a 01 FFL holder (dealer), because YOU are the FFL holder.

A type 03 C&R license is NOT a license to engage in the business of buying and selling guns. It is a license to collect guns without having to go through another dealer.

As a C&R license holder, you can buy from any dealer or distributer willing to sell to you and get the guns delivered right to your door. You can also buy from private individuals.

In return, the trade-off is that you must keep a record of all your C&R eligible purchases, even if you did NOT use your C&R to buy the gun, and must also keep a record of any time you sell or otherwise dispose of a C&R gun, even if you acquired it before you received your C&R license.

Many big distributers and retailers, such as Century, SOG, Aim Surplus, etc, will sell C&R guns to a C&R holder. Other distributers won't, just because it's not worth their time to do so.

Be aware that certain states also place additional restrictions on C&R holders. Check your local laws.

Steve in PA
August 26, 2004, 02:45 AM
A C&R license allows you to buy guns on the C&R list from out of state, through such sites as AIM, or SOG, etc.

Go to the ATF web site and click on the "forms" and you'll find out what you need to do to in order to get the appltication for C&R. I know, I just sent for my info last week.

chetrogers
August 26, 2004, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the reply.They dont need to know about the Glock or Smith i just bought from my neighor though rite..Just the Older guns?

WhoKnowsWho
August 26, 2004, 05:05 AM
Just the Older guns?

Just the older pieces which are C&R eligible.

Okiecruffler
August 26, 2004, 10:23 AM
Only the C&R eligable pieces go in your bound book. Good thing, that's all I have room for.

If you enjoyed reading about "C&R license ? for me" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!