Price on General Motors M1 carbine?

PDA

Snowdog
August 26, 2004, 01:47 PM
A few months ago I sold my Universal M1 Carbine copy (that worked quite well) to a fellow who likely had more use for it than I did. Now I kind of miss that little rifle.

I now have the chance to pick up a like-new General Motors M1 carbine for $400 from a local gentleman. I'm figuring it’s WWII vintage as it has a flat bolt, but I'm not all too knowledgeable about these little carbines other than to know they're a joy to shoot.

I was bewildered to find such a warhorse in such pristine shape... it looks like it just rolled out the factory doors.

So, considering the condition, is $400 too much to pay?

Thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Price on General Motors M1 carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
VG
August 26, 2004, 02:58 PM
It's probably worth $$5-600 in most parts of the country.

Ed
August 26, 2004, 06:29 PM
If it works buy it

Dave Markowitz
August 26, 2004, 09:01 PM
If you can find an Inland (GM) M1 Carbine in good shape that functions well for $400, run, do not walk, and buy it!

Trebor
August 26, 2004, 11:08 PM
For $400, if you don't buy it, I will. Seriously.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price on General Motors M1 carbine?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!