2 for $20

PDA

wmenorr67
August 27, 2004, 11:11 AM
Went to the Friends of the NRA dinner last night. Spent $20 to get a chance to win 2 Henry Lever Action 22's. Got lucky and my table was picked. Great night walking away with two new rifles for $20 and helping a great cause while I was at it.

If you enjoyed reading about "2 for $20" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FPrice
August 27, 2004, 11:16 AM
Congratulations! I have never shot one but I hear they are great little rifles.

Extraneous editorial comment: With this post my number of posts now equals my birth year. For whatever THAT matters.

TerryBob
August 27, 2004, 11:34 AM
With this post my number of posts now equals my birth year. For whatever THAT matters.

Wow, you get younger with every post.:D

I'm sorry, I could not help it.

Editted to say that I'm to envyous to comment on the henries.

OEF_VET
August 27, 2004, 12:13 PM
wmenorr67,

Congrats on the two rifles. Sounds like it was your lucky night. Now, I'm willing to help you continue the lucky streak. I'll give you $50 for one of those rifles. Then, you'll have been paid $30 to take home a rifle. It just doesn't get better than that! :D

Frank

wmenorr67
August 27, 2004, 12:36 PM
I will have to pass. I don't think the wife will let me get away with that.

entropy
August 27, 2004, 02:47 PM
Congrats on winning the Henrys!:D They are a fun little gun to shoot. Having repaired 2 of them recently for the same thing, I'll pass on this tip:

Be sure you hold the trigger back long enough for the hammer to fall all the way. If you don't, the sear surface on the top of the trigger will catch the quarter-cock notch and break it off, causing the hammer to not fall all the way. The gun won't fire until the hammer is replaced. Some people have a tendency to release the trigger instantly ( I am one of them) , and this causes problems with the Henry levers. Just a heads up. Have fun with them!:)

Lennyjoe
August 27, 2004, 03:05 PM
I'll give OEF_VET an "A" for effort;)

Thank the good Lord that my post count doesnt match my birth year:what:

Bainx
August 27, 2004, 03:27 PM
Unreal

A buddy of mine wins stuff all the time on radio call in contests.
Some folks have all the luck!:p
Please let us know how the rifles perform.

OEF_VET
August 28, 2004, 01:50 AM
I had to try man, I had to try. :evil:

Sunray
August 28, 2004, 02:14 AM
Cool. What did they feed you? Some of us have different priorities.

WhiteKnight
August 28, 2004, 02:45 PM
What did they feed you? Some of us have different priorities.

haha! You and me both. ;)

FPrice
August 29, 2004, 07:07 PM
"Thank the good Lord that my post count doesnt match my birth year"

Eh? What's that you say you young whipper-snapper?

I guess working around them ugly airplanes has affected your post count!

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "2 for $20" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!