If Kerry wins will you make any changes or purchases?

PDA

Shooter973
August 27, 2004, 04:39 PM
If Kerry wins in November will you make any changes or major purchases just in case He's as anti-gun as I think he is? I think I'll stock up on primers and some extra powders! Maybe 7.62 x39 ammo also as he just might ban importation of it. I already cast most of my own bullets so that ends taken care of! :confused: :scrutiny: :uhoh:

If you enjoyed reading about "If Kerry wins will you make any changes or purchases?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Delmar
August 27, 2004, 04:43 PM
I think we ought to worry a lot about who we elect to congress regardless of who is in the White House. Bush seems to have lost his VETO stamp.

Standing Wolf
August 27, 2004, 05:40 PM
America isn't dumb enough to elect that Kerry creature.

Chipperman
August 27, 2004, 05:40 PM
Second what Delmar said. A Kerry win is bad, but if Repubs still control the House, his influence will be mitigated some.

He'll definitely push some anti-gun agendas, but hopefully a Repub majority can cancel most of them.

With that said, if Kerry wins I'll buy at least one more AR lower and begin handloading.

MagKnightX
August 27, 2004, 06:01 PM
Some .308 EBR, lots of mags, lots of ammo.

David4516
August 27, 2004, 06:18 PM
"America isn't dumb enough to elect that Kerry creature."

I don't know about that...

Around here I see 10 Kerry bumper stickers to every one Bush bumper sticker...

If Kerry wins I'd like to buy a bunch of stuff, but I won't have the money for it :(

Norton
August 27, 2004, 06:23 PM
I second the notion of buying ammo.....that 10k% tax they were talking about could make a real dent in my shooting practice.

hso
August 27, 2004, 06:38 PM
Get every EBR I can afford or donate the money to the GOA and NRA? Guess donate.

mec
August 27, 2004, 06:40 PM
A Kerry win might well put democrats back in control of the house, the senate or both. In this case the assault thingy ban would be a short term thing and a top priority of the democrats to pass another one. Gun sales will go completely wild just like they did when Clinton got the Brady and the Original Assault Weapons Ban passed.

Back then, people would go to the big Dallas Market Hall show and pick up russian AKs and SKS carbines for $98 and sell them in waco for $175. There were walls of 7.62x39 ammo as long as a gunshow isle and eight feet high. handgun sale were so high that it caused a slump in the new gun market for a couple of years after.

Clinton was the the best gun saleman in history and Kerry will be even better than he was.

Keith1
August 27, 2004, 06:42 PM
"America isn't dumb enough to elect that Kerry creature."

That's what I thought about Clinton, then a repeat.

Keith

R.H. Lee
August 27, 2004, 09:05 PM
Ammo. Top off the 7.62 x39 supply then go for self sufficiency with at least one caliber-probably 30-30. Bullet mold, sizing die, primers, gas checks and powder for that rifle.

Can'thavenuthingood
August 27, 2004, 09:19 PM
Yup if scary kerry wins I'll be buying a new shovel, 2 pallets of sandbags, as much steel plate as I can get my hands on and a cellar full of water. Camoflage netting/screening. Lotsa ammo and MRE's, bandaids, bacitricin and brandy. Loading and hauling firewood till my truck gives up the ghost.

It's comming.

Vick

JimP
August 28, 2004, 09:04 AM
I don't know about ya'll, but myself and a whole lot of other military people will retire. Two terms of $Bill was enough. I'm getting too damned old to start talking French....

Linux&Gun Guy
August 28, 2004, 09:24 AM
Ahhh! I can't do anything if Kerry wins. I only have on gun(but hey at least its a battle rifle M1 Garand) and I don't think I could convence my family that we needed to get reloading equipment and more guns.

Mom: "But I thought to reload you just put the bullets in the gunbox"
Dad: "We don't need commie guns, besides they are not sporting"

This is why I hope bush wins. It will buy me time to get more gear. Hes still taking us down the garden path but hes stopping to plant some trees along the way. Kerry wants to ride a moped.:cuss: :scrutiny:

patentmike
August 28, 2004, 10:10 AM
That would be the end of the CMP.

J Miller
August 28, 2004, 12:30 PM
Keith1 said:

Yes it is. America elected Clinton twice. Bush II is unfortunatly the least liked Republican president I can remember. Even when Nixon went down in disgrace the public supported him. So there is more than a chance Kerry could win.

If Kerry gets elected he will probably finish the destruction of the U.S. soverenty that Carter started and Clinton so desperitly tried to finish.

In other words, if Kerry is elected there will be no United States in the near future.

So what would I buy? I.........don't.........know :( .

Joe

mountainclmbr
August 28, 2004, 12:34 PM
I would probably buy some PVC tubing to "lose" some of the guns I bought before Ammendment 22 took effect and TBD containers for the ammo I bought before it looked as if Gore could win in 2000.

I sure hope that we don't elect Kerry, but people have been imposing Communism on themselves throughout the last century even with the historical record to show them what to expect.

Kharn
August 28, 2004, 12:46 PM
I just negotiated the transfer of a Rem 700 Police, just in case Kerry wins, along with large amounts of cash being spent on goodies for my ugly guns to be assembled on 9/14.

Kharn

mec
August 28, 2004, 12:53 PM
It looks like the K-Man is already selling guns. Kerry wanting to offer fast track citizenship to the illegals and getting ready to surrender to the United Nations and the Islamic Jihad, all those guns may be coming out of the wood work before too long.

Heraclitus
August 28, 2004, 02:39 PM
I'm a diehard Republican, but...

doesn't the name "Kerry" have a nice, pro-gun ring to it? :p

lee n. field
August 28, 2004, 02:40 PM
Stock up. Powder and primers. Get set up to cast. Spare parts. Magazines. The usual stuff.

Bush II is unfortunatly the least liked Republican president I can remember. Even when Nixon went down in disgrace the public supported him.

Maybe I'm just turning into a cynical old fart, but I could never see why people got so excited about Junior Bush. Other than being Senior Bush's son, and I didn't much care for him either.

Can'thavenuthingood
August 28, 2004, 02:49 PM
Anybody know of any studies done as to the penetrating power of various potatoes?

I was thinking the "New Potatoes" I see at the market may be best as they seem to be fairly dense and wouldn't disintegrate on impact as much as a "Idaho White Baker". Also their smaller frontal area would allow better use of energy.

I've seen some "Blue" potatoes out there lately, anyone done any ballistic tinkering with them?

And what do you do with the starch build up in the PVC barrel? I've tried rinsing in a clorine solution but it still entails tiresome of scrubbing.

I've got an idea about my 1/2 inch sprinkler lines in the front yard and using green cherrie tomatoes, but it seems like it might be a lot of work for the results.

Time to dig.

Vick

patent
August 28, 2004, 03:34 PM
I don't have a garand yet, I'd probably get one, possibly a second as well, before CMP was shut down.

patent

DMF
August 28, 2004, 04:17 PM
Everyone should keep in mind that Kerry winning won't be the end of the world. However, if Congressional seats change with or without a Kerry win, things could change drastically.

People need to pay more attention with regard to who is running for the House and Senate. The president is very important, but nothing significant changes without the legislature voting on it first.

BryanP
August 28, 2004, 04:44 PM
Many of my purchases over the past year or so have been of the "because I may not be able to buy this later" variety. AR, AK and soon a FAL. Thinking about a CETME just for the hell of it.

Robert J McElwain
August 28, 2004, 05:37 PM
I don't think either Kerry or Bush care much about the second amendment. Further, if Kerry is elected, I doubt that guns, or anything related to them, will be very high on his agenda. If he has any interest at all in a second term, he'll leave guns alone.

My guess is his first three agenda items will be the economy, our international relations and Iraq. But then, what do I know. I'm just a dumb Kansas Republican, whose elected leaders don't think we're smart enough to deal with CCW.:banghead:

Bob

pdt203
August 29, 2004, 07:28 AM
Kerry has voted for every gun control measure, including the latest "ammo ban", one of his very few votes this year.

I'm getting ammo... buy it cheap, stack it deep.

Johnny in...uh... nevermind.

MP5
August 29, 2004, 07:46 AM

If they could vote Bush into office, they could elect Kerry--or Bush again. It's a lose-lose situation; it's just a question of how much of what you want to lose.

Daniel964
August 29, 2004, 08:14 AM
As much ammo as I can. Plus as many guns from private owners as I can afford. Which isn't many.

Old Fuff
August 29, 2004, 08:32 AM
I'm old enough to remember when the 1968 GCA was passed...

At the time many of my gun-owning friends pushed the panic button. The sky it was said, would fall any minute.

The same happened when President "Sleaze" Clinton's efforts at "Assault Weapon" control came along. The biggest net effect of that adventure was that after decades the Democrats lost control of congress and after 10 years they hasn’t regained it.

As president (if he should win) Kerry would push an anti-gun agenda, no question about that. But so far as getting new legislation passed - he'd have to get congress to go along, and in any case that takes time. They’d have to hold hearings and all of that kind of stuff.

Left-Wing Democrats are slow learners. So far their determined efforts in the cause of radical gun control has cost them control of congress and contributed toward the loss of a presidential election. If Kerry goes off the deep end (and I expect he will) the stance will cost the Democrats again. In spite of the usual full support from mainstream media the Democrats' haven't seemed to have generated much public support for their position on the about-to-go-dead AWB. For that matter they haven't even generated any public interest in the issue.

So, this gun owner isn't going to get his undies in a wad. He's seen it all before.

YodaVader
August 29, 2004, 10:15 AM
Clinton was the the best gun saleman in history

I have often said the same thing! It seems the gun shows I attended were always packed during the Clinton Era. Unfortunately , most of the junk guns I bought were produced in this time frame as well. Seems the gun companies were spitting them out as fast as they could without regard to quality.

carp killer
August 29, 2004, 11:50 AM
Everyone should buy EBR's. This will be the last chance.

jeff-10
August 29, 2004, 01:54 PM
I am very much a Bush fan but I do believe Kerry will win. That being said our gun rights will survive and the country will go on. Who is president is not anywhere near as important as people seem to think. I totally despised Clinton but after 8 years in office the only thing he really did to piss me off was pass the AWB. Now one of those third party nut jobs got elected or even enough power and we would have real problems. The 2 major parties like power too much to mess with the status quo. Thats why they have survived so long.

Bainx
August 29, 2004, 04:10 PM
Like I told my wife in the last one..."If Gore wins, I am buying PALLETS of ammunition".

Same this time:what:

Cool Hand Luke 22:36
August 29, 2004, 04:31 PM
More ammo, 2 years supply of food and water, other survival items needed to get past the inevitable catastrophic terror attacks that will follow Kerry taking charge of the war on terror.

Probably will start looking for survival property in SW Virginia, W. Virginia, or N.C., something with water and an accessible coal seam on it.

Robert J McElwain
August 29, 2004, 05:37 PM
********I totally despised Clinton but after 8 years in office the only thing he really did to piss me off was pass the AWB. ********

This confuses me. Didn't an awful lot of Republicans in the Senate and the House have to vote for this before Clinton saw it? And didn't the Republicans control both houses at that time?:confused:

Bob

Old Fuff
August 29, 2004, 05:58 PM
Robert J. McElwain:

No, at the time (1993, 1994) the Democrats controlled both the House and Senate. The 1994 elections came after the AWB was passed. While the "gun vote" in itself didn't cause this major loss to them, it did make a major contribution. Who said so? Clinton himself.

He later retaliated by trying to destroy the handgun industry, but only succeeded in getting Smith & Wesson (then controlled by a British conglomerate) to sign the notorious Agreement between that company and approximately 20 cities or states that had sued every company in the business. We are very lucky he didn’t succeed.

biere
August 29, 2004, 06:07 PM
I consider both to be equally good at causing trouble so ammo and spare parts aquisitions continue as scheduled regardless of who is the big cheese.

jeff-10
August 29, 2004, 06:32 PM
This confuses me. Didn't an awful lot of Republicans in the Senate and the House have to vote for this before Clinton saw it? And didn't the Republicans control both houses at that time?

No it was a suprisingly partisian vote, especially in the House. It did succeed in getting the Republican control of most of the federal goverment. Even managed to get the Democratic Speaker of the House completely kicked out of politics.

Roadkill
August 29, 2004, 09:41 PM
Reloading supplies & spare parts.

rk

cidirkona
August 30, 2004, 11:37 PM
Lots of ammo, anything that he'd try to make illegal... ...so yeah, everything.
-Colin

August 31, 2004, 01:24 AM
Just go after a few more suppressors sooner.

tommytrauma
August 31, 2004, 11:14 AM
Any weapon I buy can always be sold at no more than a minor loss. Any ammo I buy will be shot sooner or later anyway. I don't see a significant downside to buying what I want as soon as I can. I've been pursuing a gradual build up for some time now, and with the expiration of the AWB I will be getting the rest of what i want once and for all. If a new AWB is passed, i'll be set (assuming owned weapons are grandfathered.) I simply don't see a real down side to doing it this way.

However, there was a gentleman who posted on here a few months ago, describing how he had put his whole life into buying assault weapons right before the 94 ban. He attributed every problem in his life to the ban. I ddon't plan on gonig quite that far.

If you enjoyed reading about "If Kerry wins will you make any changes or purchases?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!