In case some of you havent caught this yet: FN says Civie P90 may be a possibility.

PDA

Knife_Sniper
August 28, 2004, 01:54 AM
In case some of you have missed this hovering very low key around the net (and your local Wal Mart magazine section)...

In the latest issue of Shotgun news their is a blurb at the very end of the P90 article about FN looking into the possibility of manufacturing a carbine rifle based of the FN-90. The author states that it is refreshing to see a manufacturer such as FN look in the direction at the wants of civilian shooters.

This is beyond exciting news. For a exotic weapon conesueir as myself I find this more awesome than any Steyr AUG clone that may be in the works.

http://www.fnmfg.com/products/p90/Image2.gif

I dont care if it is chambered in .17HMR, If it goes into production I will be picking one up. Yes, even if it had a really long stupid barrel. It has a ten inch barrel already, so then it would need a 6 inch long fake suppressor.

Not bad.

Discuss!

:D

If you enjoyed reading about "In case some of you havent caught this yet: FN says Civie P90 may be a possibility." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
WhoKnowsWho
August 28, 2004, 03:27 AM
I would like it as long as the price isn't out of this world. I can run around like Richard Dean Anderson of SG-1! :D I think they look pretty neat, it would go well next to my Storm.

Kharn
August 28, 2004, 08:05 AM
I hope it will just be an extra long barrel (hideable by a fake suppressor) and not something that couldnt be easily chopped off after an SBR approval.

Knife_Sniper:
The FN FiveSeveN is chambered in its original cartridge and is approved for civilian sale, we just cant purchase the AP ammo, I think both ball and hollow points are available.

Kharn

Knife_Sniper
August 28, 2004, 11:03 AM
I was aware of the FN-five seven's availibility and its ammo, but i recall its a little high priced. That being said I wouldnt mind if it was chambered in 22lr. :D

Just think, if they could figure out a way to stagger the 22.lr think how many they could fit in that magazine!

Buzzz!

natedog
August 28, 2004, 12:20 PM
I'd love one in 9x19mm!

vertigo7
August 28, 2004, 12:36 PM
I dont care if it is chambered in .17HMR, If it goes into production I will be picking one up. Yes, even if it had a really long stupid barrel. It has a ten inch barrel already, so then it would need a 6 inch long fake suppressor.

IMO, it looks like a perfect candidate to pay the tax stamp and register as an SBR, even if it's semi-auto only.

goon
August 28, 2004, 01:24 PM
Looks cool. If it has a 10 inch barrel already, maybe all they have to do is add two or so inches, and then maybe a compensator or flash hider and you got your 16 inches. As for the round, .17 would be cool but 5.7 would rock, expecially once it becomes more available. Also, isn't there a new 5.56mm rifle similar to the P-90 that FN has been working on?

Benjamin
August 28, 2004, 02:02 PM
what about overall length?

One of the major selling points of the P90 is the compact platform.

natedog
August 28, 2004, 02:06 PM
OAL is 19" IIRC.

MagKnightX
August 28, 2004, 03:41 PM
So add six inches onto the barrel and an inch on the buttstock.

boofus
August 28, 2004, 03:57 PM
Where do I sign up for one? :D
I'll definitely plunk down the cash for a SBR semi P90. Would probably make for a hell of a home defense weapon or car gun.

Domino
August 29, 2004, 07:12 AM
isn't there a new 5.56mm rifle similar to the P-90 that FN has been working on?
You are probably refering to the F2000 (http://www.fnhusa.com/contents/tw_f2000.htm) . I think the P90 platform is very cool, the fact that it can be frozen to -30 and still shoot is amazing. It's a super simple design that would be a neat weapon to have, but, I think one of the main selling points of the P90 is its compactness and if you make it too big than it is just an oversized version. I agree with Natedog, a civi version in 9X19 would make since, 5.7 is a little a hard to come by. Plus, I saw a Five SeveN at a funshow a week ago and sold for $800 :eek: . Don't despaire gentlemen, if FN doesn't come through I think there will be plenty of carbine options available after the AWB.

artherd
August 29, 2004, 04:20 PM
This would be awesome, and it might well come chambered in 5.7x28mm.

I would buy one, at nearly any price honestly. (and it should even be cali legal, if it meets OAL requirements ...and dosen't include standard-caps :( )

Kharn
August 29, 2004, 04:22 PM
MagKnightX:
Why add the inch onto the buttstock, instead of another inch onto the barrel?

Kharn

KLR
August 29, 2004, 05:46 PM
Which issue of Shotgun News? Just bought it and there was nothing in there.

vertigo7
August 29, 2004, 06:02 PM
Volume 58, issue 24 (Fortier fires FN's finest firearms!), bottom of page 15.

KLR
August 29, 2004, 07:19 PM
Crud! Went to Barnes and Noble today and got issue 25.

Do tell! Do tell! I want I want I want!!!! :D

UnknownSailor
August 29, 2004, 10:48 PM
Wait, the thing only has a 10" barrell?

Well I'll be....

I was under the impression that it had one longer than that. Granted, I never actually looked at the stats for it....

I wonder if .357 sig would work? Or .400 corbon?

Schuey2002
December 12, 2004, 11:59 PM
(I just randomly picked one of these P90 threads to bring to life..)

Has anyone else on here seen this??

http://www.impactguns.com/store/FNPS90.html

PMDW
December 13, 2004, 12:15 AM
10 inch barrel? You could hide the required 6 inch extension with a dummy suppressor. Wouldn't look half bad.

jefnvk
December 13, 2004, 12:39 AM
Is there a rule specifying that that couldn't be a pistol? It's not exactly a rifle in the traditional sense.

And bear with me. Wouldn't something like this be banned from import?

Dang it, I got sucked into the old thread trick again :p

PMDW
December 13, 2004, 12:42 AM
And bear with me. Wouldn't something like this be banned from import?

No idea, but if for some reason it was, FN has a U.S. plant.

JackDRipper
December 13, 2004, 01:07 AM
just cant purchase the AP ammo, I think both ball and hollow points are available.

Only 5.7x28 Hollow Points are available to civilians. But don't dispair, the hollow points act like ball.
The 2nd and 4th 5.7 hollow point bullets in picture below were fired into fir 2x6's screwed together from my FiveSeveN pistol.
JR

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/JackDRipper/5.jpg

If you enjoyed reading about "In case some of you havent caught this yet: FN says Civie P90 may be a possibility." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!