AWB and manufacturers

PDA

schromf
August 28, 2004, 06:59 PM
We are a few weeks away from the AWB ending and I haven't seen any real information from any of the manufacturers. What I would like to know is I see a lot of LEO only guns still, and not a word on any change.

I know the short barreled stuff is still going to be off limits, but has anyone seen a AR, AK, FAL with all the evil features that you are going to be able to buy in 3 weeks?

Are the manufacturers waiting until the AWB eclipes and see what the BATF is going to rule? Anyone got the straight story? Wildalaska your a FFL and I know you are working on a group M4 buy, are they coming with flash supressors?

Or should I start working on parts, cause the manufacturers aren't going to move on this, I want a legal version of one of these and have held off on gun purchases so I can finacially swing it, but I am not seeing anything.

If you enjoyed reading about "AWB and manufacturers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Houndawg
August 29, 2004, 03:42 AM
Armalite is running a deal where you pay for the rifle now and they send you the rifle, complete with the evil features, as soon as the ban ends.

http://www.armalite.com/library/postpostban.htm

MiniZ
August 29, 2004, 12:46 PM
Most of the manufacturers are taking a "wait and see" attitude. They probably have their plans in place, and will produce rifles with "evil" features, they just aren't talking about it yet-with the exception of Armalite.

Wildalaska
September 5, 2004, 04:10 PM
Armalite..already prepared
Bushmaster...ready to go
Colt..playing closeto the vest but dont be surprised
S&W/Walther...will let us know on the 13th
Glock...amking preparations
Springfiled...no idea

WildupdateAlaska

If you enjoyed reading about "AWB and manufacturers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!