Ballistic ???

PDA

David
August 28, 2004, 11:47 PM
I saw on one of the TV shopping channels a presentation for some luggage. The salesperson said it was made of "ballistic nylon".

I always thought the word "ballistic" related to ammo and to the trajectory of ammo (or someone who goes into a sudden rage -- i.e. going ballistic).

My question: Why would any type of nylon be called "ballistic"?

:neener: :confused: :neener:

If you enjoyed reading about "Ballistic ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Delmar
August 28, 2004, 11:55 PM
Originally developed by DuPont for bullet-resistant vests and military flak jackets, ballistic provides a smooth, bright, high-quality look and feel for luggage, packs and bags.

From Dupont

joe sixpack
August 28, 2004, 11:57 PM
Was hoping to buy a ballistic nylon windbreaker recently. At least I know now not to ridicule the local g's while donning such with the idea of
being swathed in pure nylon ballistic protection.

cheers, ab

Jim K
August 29, 2004, 02:18 PM
"Ballistic" is the latest "cool" buzzword. Look for "ball-istic" jock straps (pun very much intended).

Jim

Vern Humphrey
August 29, 2004, 03:19 PM
Many years ago, I was experimenting with my .22 Hornet, and wanted to try WW 296. I took my lunch hour to get a can, and coming back to work, realized that I couldn't leave it locked in my pickup in 95-degree weather. And I didn't want to take it into the office.

We had a small gym in that building, so I took it into the gym and put it into my locker.

Now picture this -- in those days, the powder was in a tin can, with a paste-on paper wrapper that said very prominently "BALL POWDER" with the number stamped underneath in tiny numerals.

As I was putting it in my locker, a guy came out of the shower, scratching himself. He looked over my shoulder, "Hmmm. <scratch, scratch> Ball Powder. <scratch, scratch> Does that stuff work?":D

Jim K
August 29, 2004, 10:05 PM
This is way OT, but no, ball powder doesn't work for that. But Vicks Vaporub kills athlete's foot fungus and jock itch. The foot treatment requires only a couple of applications, the other area needs more time.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Ballistic ???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!