What's an EBR?

PDA

russlate
August 30, 2004, 12:33 AM
Saw the acronym in the General Discussion forum. Must have been away too long. I assume the BR stands for Battle Rifle, but haven't a clue as to what the E stands for.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's an EBR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mulliga
August 30, 2004, 12:33 AM
"Evil Black Rifle"

russlate
August 30, 2004, 12:43 AM
Thanks.

Will immediately have FAL furniture repainted in Candy Apple Red to prevent people from thinking I'm the type to have an EBR. Or half a dozen of them.

fistful
August 30, 2004, 12:47 AM
A lot of people are getting in to this now. With so many tack-driving rimfires out there, some of us want more of a challenge. The thread you're talkin' about is probably the one I started about building a zip gun in an AR upper. You just open up your AR bore about .003", and that's usually enough to hold the antenna pretty firmly. Then you up the mouths on some primered .223 casings, enough to insert a 22 rimfire cartridge (short, long, long rifle, magnum, whatever). Drop in about 3-5 grains, which will be enough to set off the rimfire priming, and crimp the casing over the cartridge. Load a magazine, and go for it. :D

Houndawg
August 30, 2004, 12:53 AM
Fistful,

I don't know what planet you're from, but EBR stands for Evil Black Rifle on any gun forum I've ever perused.

As far as what you're building goes, it doesn't sound very smart to me.

Tamara
August 30, 2004, 01:45 AM
Might want to give your joke detector a whack; I think it's stuck. ;)

Tamara
August 30, 2004, 01:50 AM
My favorite acronym for this type of gun came from an old police officer customer of mine.

Back when I first got into the gun business, I was... er... very, very tactical. Every time the cop came in, I'd be ooh-ing and aah-ing over the latest HKSIGBenelliBushmasterGlock gizmo in the store. He was never very interested, being more into old Winchesters, Ruger single-actions, and European hunting rifles. When I asked why he wasn't into the obviously more modern and high-speed variety of guns, he looked at me and said "I'm have to carry around a couple of those FBPP's all day. When I'm on my own time, I'd rather look at purty guns."
"FBPP's?" I asked.
"Yeah. Flat Black People-Poppers." :D

Houndawg
August 30, 2004, 02:45 AM
My joke detector is always stuck after an evening of working around the dregs of society.

fistful
August 31, 2004, 01:00 AM
Flat Black People-Poppers

Er...what's black, the people, or the guns? :uhoh:

Third_Rail
August 31, 2004, 01:08 AM
Flat black, as in the color of the gun. :D

Tamara
August 31, 2004, 10:13 AM
Flat black as opposed to gloss blue.

El Tejon
August 31, 2004, 10:27 AM
EBR="Enhanced Battle Rifle" (or Raffle depending on area of the country:D)

M14 variant tacticalized in the hills and hollers of Southern Indiana at Crane. Carried at times by SF and STs.

Think I have seen a commerical version by Springfield Armory, IIRC? Was it in a recent issue of American Rifleman? This summer maybe?:confused: SOCOM rifle or something?

themic
August 31, 2004, 11:41 AM
hey while on the topic of acronyms, what's JBT?

lycanthrope
August 31, 2004, 11:48 AM
A derogatory remark. "Jack Booted Thug" Often used in reference to police or law enforcement agencies.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's an EBR?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!