Pistol for pilots

PDA

MonkeyMan
February 20, 2003, 09:47 AM
On my way work this morning I almost ran off of the road laughing when the bozo on the radio said that "a 40 millimeter is recommended" for pilots wanting to be armed in the cockpit. :what:

Holy cow!

DDR LMAO (driving down road laughing MAO)

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol for pilots" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
J Miller
February 20, 2003, 10:05 AM
:D Yo! Terrorist Dude.................:neener: !!!! KABOOOMMM!!!!!!! :what:

Smoke
February 20, 2003, 10:10 AM
How would you conceal that?

Wouldn't be any hijackers though....or survivors.....or planes.

MonkeyMan
February 20, 2003, 10:11 AM
Uh, computer services? Yeah, another keyboard. YES IT WAS COFFEE!

Thanks J Miller.:D

edited to add smiley, thanks for the laugh JM.

seeker_two
February 20, 2003, 10:14 AM
They're just jealous of all the A-10 drivers out there...:evil:

10-Ring
February 20, 2003, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I heard on the radio that the 1st group of pilots will take their safety class today....WOW, one whole class? :scrutiny:

Blackhawk
February 20, 2003, 11:22 AM
That's a good thing about the .40S&W. It does expose a bunch of bloviators who call it a 40mm. :D

meathammer
February 20, 2003, 11:46 AM
40mm in the airplane cockpit? Okay, as long as they use the 1265 gr. frangible loads. :D Don't want to over-penetrate.

Master Blaster
February 20, 2003, 11:58 AM
I saw the gun on the news last night its a S&W SMEGMA .40
with a tactical rail.

:what:

El Tejon
February 20, 2003, 12:23 PM
See, now my 106 mikeymike HD reckless raffle doesn't seem soooo out of place!:D

NewShooter78
February 20, 2003, 12:51 PM
Why the hell would they give them Sigmas to use? Good lord! At least give them a real Glock and not a knock off. (And this is coming from someone who's not a Glock fan.)

jmbg29
February 20, 2003, 12:55 PM
Fire for effect!:evil:

Waitone
February 20, 2003, 03:35 PM
That little puppy'd setchr ears tu ringin'.

bogie
February 20, 2003, 03:50 PM
Hey, wait a minute - aren't those the things that are made outta plastic, and will get past all the metal detectors and cavity searchers?

Grin&Barrett
February 20, 2003, 04:32 PM
I noticed a anti-gun site is happy the TSA is making it hard for pilots to qualify.

:mad:

Woodchuck
February 20, 2003, 05:05 PM
Isn't it amazing how clueless reporters are? The sad part is that 95% of the people listening don't know any better either. They just sit there and absorb the nutrients (fecal matter) just like the mushrooms that they are. Then they go around and repeat it as if it's gospel.

Fly320s
February 20, 2003, 10:10 PM
This bugs me.

I am an airline pilot. I am an avid shooter. I am former military. I have been actively seeking information on this program in order to volunteer my services, but this is the first information I have heard since the bill was passed!

Who is in charge of dissiminating the information? I would think that "our" side would be trying to inform every pilot about this program.

I think this program is doomed to fail unless more pilots and other concerned persons get involved.

Sheesh:fire:

MountainPeak
February 20, 2003, 10:18 PM
I don't understand why you guys are against the 40mm. The airlines are strapped for cash, and it would surely save on those expensive Double Taps!:D

Kahr carrier
February 21, 2003, 08:14 AM
You would think they would issue them Sigs ,Berrettas or Glocks.I wonder if they will be able to carry off the planes too???

DonP
February 21, 2003, 10:31 AM
... or will they have a GPS setting for each seat to direct the fire accurately.

This is just another example of epople that know little or nothing about guns or weapons of any kind doing a "rip and read" off the news wire. Some kid probably typed it into a teleprompter and switched caliber fro mm and then misplaced the decimal point. Since he or she failed basic math they didn't think a silly decimal point was important anyway.

It may take some time, but pilots will be strapped in the future in spite of anti minded bureaucrats doing everything in their power to stall the process.

Don P.

If you enjoyed reading about "Pistol for pilots" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!