Kel-tec SU16

PDA

Steelcore
August 31, 2004, 01:25 PM
So is the SU16 a pos or is it a keeper?I had several P11 pistolas and wasn't happy with them.Too many problems.How much are they going for?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel-tec SU16" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Hawkman
August 31, 2004, 01:32 PM
Mine's been good. Around here they are going for the mid-400s.

AK103K
August 31, 2004, 07:08 PM
I had one and recently sold it. For what it is and what I consider it to be made for, they are OK. In my opinion, its not meant to be used as a "daily" rifle, but more of an "emergency" type rifle. I dont think it will hold up to daily abuse and use like an AR would. Mine shot ok and was on par with my iron sighted AR's at 100 yards using the open sights. It worked fine with the 10 round plastic Kel Tec mags, but could be picky with GI 30 rounders and may need some fiddling to get them to work reliably. The only things that bugged me about it was, its "long" stocked(I like short stocks), it has no provision for a sling, and they need to come up with a better way to store/secure the hinge pin when the rifle is folded. They way they store it now is a sure way to lose it.

CBX
September 1, 2004, 03:07 AM
i really like my SU-16 good fun rifle the only problem i had with it is was that it gets pretty hot its not a rifle that u take and shoot at the range all day long thing gets real hot real fast. but its the closest thing to a AR-15 i can get in cali.

JShirley
September 1, 2004, 12:54 PM
I have been told KT offers a shorter stock (LOP was my single biggest complaint when I handled one (http://www.olegvolk.net/gallery/john-jordy/emergencyreload?full=1) a couple of weeks ago).

John

CBX
September 1, 2004, 10:59 PM
they offer a folding stock version and one with metal sights

If you enjoyed reading about "Kel-tec SU16" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!