The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Range Report

PDA

Darkside
September 1, 2004, 11:49 AM
Went to the range yesterday to check some loads in my 1911 and resight one of my ARF's after doing a mount swap.

The GOOD. Reload tweaking brought the POI down 2" closer to POA with the current sights on the 1911. Also had the AR printing 1/2" groups in the 10 ring at 50 yards with only 6 shots.:D

The BAD. I haven't used this bench all summer and didn't check under it for the BIG WASP nest they made.:(

The UGLY. My wrist. After doing all my shooting and watching some of my brass roll off the edge of the bench, I brushed my arm through the grass to find the brass. Well, I guess this was the final straw for the WASPs. They hit me 4 times on my wrist and once in my arm pit:what: :cuss:
One of the little :cuss: got stuck under my watchband and REALLY hit me.
:cuss:

Shooter tip of the day. Check under the bench before shooting and have a can of wasp killer with you.:D

Darkside

If you enjoyed reading about "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Range Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
September 1, 2004, 11:52 AM
OUCH! Especially the pit - that's GOTTA suck. Wasps oput here are to languid from the heat to really do much, but we kill the little bassards as fast as we can.

mack69
September 1, 2004, 11:57 AM
Darkside, I feel your pain buddy...2 weeks ago I was in the Northwoods of Wisconsin and had numerous trips to the outdoor range next town over. First day there I noticed a guy with what looked like a flame thrower and all bundled up with a mesh hood....I was thinkin.....WTH???? Sure enuff, he was hittin all the wasp/hornets/bees nests under all the benches and along the outter edges of the range itself. Tree's bushes etc....On the benches he'd squat under and spray what I think may have been water on the bench itself then hit the nests with the flame thrower. You could hear the larvae inside poppin like popcorn. Nuthin worse than gettin attacked by them angry buzzin things...hope you feel better....mack

MAUSER88
September 1, 2004, 03:53 PM
FYI, best remedy for a bee sting is a raw onion. Just cut it in half and rub the sting. It works like magic!!! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "The Good, The Bad & The Ugly Range Report" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!