eBay and the AWB

PDA

Sportcat
September 1, 2004, 03:06 PM
Will eBay allow standard capacity (hi-caps) for sale after 9-13?

Thoughts?

If you enjoyed reading about "eBay and the AWB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sachse
September 1, 2004, 03:14 PM
No.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms.html

Tamara
September 1, 2004, 04:03 PM
eBay doesn't want to get its name splashed all over the papers for being a party to someone in a state where "high-caps" are banned buying their verboten goodies from another state where they're not.

armoredman
September 1, 2004, 04:23 PM
In that case, (censored) 'em.

DnPRK
September 1, 2004, 04:52 PM
Federal AWB sunset means nothing as eBay is headquartered in California. California law prohibits sale of certain firearms-related items.

Ohen Cepel
September 1, 2004, 04:56 PM
They're Pinko's.

Nothing will change.

Beorn
September 1, 2004, 04:59 PM
Please, please, please Arnold clean our state up. Can we at least vote Boxer out of office? Feinstein is next.

Wildalaska
September 1, 2004, 05:01 PM
Had a thread about this before, its strictly a biz decsion

Wildcritics:whomadeyourOSbtwAlaska

jefnvk
September 1, 2004, 05:40 PM
I contacted PayPal (very closely aligned to Ebay) on their decision about this, and they said it was strictly a legal issue. I hope this is the case, as it makes it a little more bearable than knowing that they are banning because of moral objections.

NukemJim
September 1, 2004, 08:46 PM
I contacted PayPal (very closely aligned to Ebay) on their decision about this, and they said it was strictly a legal issue. I hope this is the case, as it makes it a little more bearable than knowing that they are banning because of moral objections.

I am sorry but I do not believe them.

If they were strictly worried about legalities why are the selling

A) SAPI plates ( all of them are illeagle, only sold to goverment and they requiere them to be destroyed to be demilled and sold as surplus

B) Interceptor body armour ( 90% or more are illeagal, they were only a few sold to civilians the rest to goverment )

C) Real MREs ( all of the real MREs are stolen from the goverment and the goverment has asked ebay to stop selling them )

As soon as they explain these illegal sales I will believe that they care about legalities.

NukemJim

jefnvk
September 2, 2004, 12:34 AM
Yeah, I was going to bold the 'I hope' part. I agree with you completly

Tamara
September 2, 2004, 09:27 AM
If they were strictly worried about legalities why are the selling

Because they, like me, have a hard time keeping up with what's legal and what isn't.

But you're right; they probably won't let folks list high-cap mags as part of their general anti-gun/drug/postage meter/lockpick/surveillance gear/tobacco (http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/item_allowed.html) stance.

MuzzleBlast
September 2, 2004, 05:34 PM
I'm inclined to believe it isn't a legal issue, it is a CYA issue. They are cowards more than pinkos. Maybe.

If you enjoyed reading about "eBay and the AWB" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!