celebrating my birthday on 9/11 and the end of the AWB on 9/14

PDA

effengee
September 2, 2004, 11:17 AM
I'm going out to the range and shooting silhouette targets that have Osama bin Laden's and Sara Brady's face taped in place with my evil Kalashniclone from a 75 round drum...
I'll be at the Whitingham rod and gun club if anyone cares to join me.
Then on the 15th, I might trade it for an AK that has the bayonet lug...
An assault weapon just isn't the same without a few inches of cold steel locked under the muzzle...
I know it does wonders for my SMLE #1mk3*
Turns a curio and relic veteran of 1917 into a badass Weapon Of Mass Destruction in less than a second...
And it looks really cool, too!

I also can't wait to use one of my favorite movie lines:

"Exscuse me, is that an Uzi?"

jim

If you enjoyed reading about "celebrating my birthday on 9/11 and the end of the AWB on 9/14" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cslinger
September 2, 2004, 11:31 AM
I realize this is all innocent fun and all but don't be shooting up pictures of the Brady folks. I mean yes they are rather ignorant and yes they have infringed our rights and you could even argue that by attempting to disarm us they are indirectly assaulting us but take the High Road on this one. You should never think about shooting anything that you wouldn't be fully ready to hurt or kill in real life.

OBL is a know killer, terrorist, overall scumbag who has been linked to the deaths of men, woman and children. I think all of us could probably pop a cap in him should the opportunity arise but Sarah Brady. I mean I personally couldn't hurt the woman physically. I mean I don't agree with her but that is where it ends.

Take the High Road and remember more than just us gunnies read this site.

All that being said. Happy BDAY and have fun. Make sure to bring a bayonet too.:D

BHPshooter
September 2, 2004, 12:20 PM
"Excuse me, is that an Uzi?"

Why, yes it is! Hey -- self defense is no laughing matter. That's why when it comes to number 1, I pack an Uzi. Accept no substitutes. ;)

One of the best parts in that movie. :D

While it sounds like a fun birthday, I think cslinger is probably right... shooting at Sarah Brady probably isn't a good idea. Osama is okay. Remember that as a shooter, people are watching you. Be an example of a gunowner that might change a few anti's minds.

Wes

Nazirite
September 2, 2004, 12:36 PM
Where can I get one of those UBL pictures from? :evil: I need to work on my aim.

jefnvk
September 2, 2004, 12:58 PM
Where can I get one of those UBL pictures from? I need to work on my aim.

If your local gun shop ain't selling them, then they are definitely not doing their part. I can't walk into any sporting good store around here and not see them.

Nazirite
September 2, 2004, 01:33 PM
I haven’t seen any UBL pictures anywhere, then again I live very close to Columbus (Lots of libs in the area). Maybe I should try the store in Lancaster, might have some there.

PMDW
September 2, 2004, 02:40 PM
...don't be shooting up pictures of the Brady folks.

You should never think about shooting anything that you wouldn't be fully ready to hurt or kill in real life.

Who says he wouldn't? :)

Kharn
September 2, 2004, 02:57 PM
My younger brother's 21st birthday is 9/13.

I had to spend a small chunk ($100) of my sunset fund on his birthday present (Benchmade balisong trainer; he's already got a live one, but will occasionally drop it or cut himself when it gets away from him while practicing with it), but then with any luck, we'll never have to worry about another ban for a long time so its no real matter.

I'll be stopping by Mom & Dad's to pick up a few goodies (LMT preban upper, Magpul telestock, etc) I had shipped there soon after the sunset. Then its party time.

Kharn

effengee
September 2, 2004, 03:27 PM
Paper is just paper... And the guys at the range already have understood the birthday shoot since 9/11/01 since that's how I've been celebrating for quite a few years... Before '01 it was Saddam taped there :evil:
Besides, many is the time I've seen other famous faces taped to other targets.
Rosie O' made a few appearances after the Tom Selleck episode...
If it's all in good taste/humor it really doesn't hurt anyone...
Would I shoot them in real life?

Osama? On the spot. No questions asked, no quarter given. Empty the magazine and feed another until I was SURE he was dead...

If I was the lucky soldier who found Saddam, I would have painted the inside of his spider hole with his blood, then tossed in a frag grenade.

Sara? Only if she drew down on me with the intent to do me bodily harm.

I'm not a criminal nor do I have murderous tendencies.

I'm a gun nut, and I vote.

effengee
September 2, 2004, 04:01 PM
I buy the standard black on white torso silhouette target.
Then I Just put any given name into my internet search bar and search till I find a decent face picture...
Then I enlarge the picture with an imaging program...
A little clear tape and Voila!
Osama and Saddam targets galore!!!

They don't exactly have to be perfect because they're not going to last very long once they get tacked to the backboard...

Another Air America line: (Not sure if it's exact, it's been awhile)
"The French designed those guns for desert warfare. Have you ever tried them in the rain?"

The golf game with the silenced pistol...
A gigantic airplane full of weapons and explosives...
Flipping a coin to see who goes first out the cockpit window...
The golden BB...

caseydog
September 2, 2004, 04:30 PM
you asked foe it...

caseydog
September 2, 2004, 04:33 PM
And another , I believe the first above was for handgun and this one is for rifle. Ray

Barbara
September 2, 2004, 11:02 PM
Hey, eff..we have the same birthday..but I win..I'm older! :)

It seems pretty rare for birthdays..I've only met about 6 people, including my father, who had the same one.

Bane
September 3, 2004, 12:32 AM
Just a note for the birthday people, my mothers birthday is also 9-11. Happy Birthday to all of ya.

Barbara
September 11, 2004, 06:42 PM
Hey, Eff..hope its going well for you! Not bad here..busy day, and the boys are making me supper. :D

aguyindallas
September 11, 2004, 07:47 PM
Happy wishes for effengee!

Go slaughter some paper buddy!

krusty311
September 11, 2004, 11:09 PM
Happy B-day effengee.

krusty

effengee
September 12, 2004, 12:09 PM
I had an AWESOME birthday! Thanks for the tidings!
As I told Barbara, I got sung the birthday song by my six kids, in six different keys :)

I shot off about 250 rds of AK and 20+ of .25ACP from my newest purchase: A baby Colt that is so much fun to shoot...

Well now it's back to my very merry un-birthday...

jim

If you enjoyed reading about "celebrating my birthday on 9/11 and the end of the AWB on 9/14" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!