1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A non FFL wanting to ship a long gun to California-What needs to happen?

Discussion in 'Legal' started by ol' scratch, Mar 6, 2012.

  1. ol' scratch

    ol' scratch Participating Member

    Apr 16, 2009
    South of Hell....Michigan.
    I want to sell a Garand receiver to someone in California. It is a build that never materialized. I don't have an FFL. Does this present a problem? According to what I am reading, I just need to send it to a type 1 FFL in California due to the fact it is no longer C & R eligable. Is that correct? Or am I missing something?

    Please. No California sucks, or I don't deal with them comments. They don't really help me.
  2. dogtown tom

    dogtown tom Senior Member

    Jan 15, 2006
    Plano, Texas
    Both Federal law and California law allow a nonlicensee to ship firearms to a California dealer. Unlike FFL's, you have no special hoops to jump through.

    Some FFL's refuse to accept shipments from nonlicensees, so tell your buyer he needs to find a dealer who will accept from you, OR he will be responsible for covering the additional expense of you having your dealer ship it for you.

    You are correct, a Garand receiver is not C&R eligible.
  3. Librarian

    Librarian Participating Member

    Oct 14, 2003
    Concord, CA
    dogtown tom has it exactly right.

    Your buyer has to find the right FFL.

Share This Page