1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AR sling swivel stud. Help!

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by another okie, Nov 24, 2004.

  1. another okie

    another okie Well-Known Member

    I bought and installed a Bushmaster front flip sight and 3 rail gas block. Until afterwards I didn't think about the fact that I was removing my front sling swivel. (I have a Giles tactical sling I like a lot, plus the sling that came with the AR.)

    The part description says it is "drilled and tapped on the bottom for the addition of a sling swivel stud." Well, there are three small holes on the bottom of the new gas block. Is that what they mean? If so, which stud goes in there? Bushmaster sells both 3/8 x 24 and a 5/16 x 32 studs. I see they also make a rail sling mount desgined to fit on the side rails, but I don't think the Giles sling would work very well with a side sling stud. It's designed to fit a swivel on the bottom of the barrel/gas block.

    Any ideas?
  2. Badger Arms

    Badger Arms Well-Known Member

    Call Bushmaster and ask them. They will tell you what you need.
  3. another okie

    another okie Well-Known Member

    Actually I did call before posting here, but on Wednesday they were closed for the holiday already, and I'm sure they will remain closed until next Monday, so I thought I'd see if anyone knew.
  4. Redlg155

    Redlg155 Well-Known Member

    From the Bushmaster Catalog.

    Good Shooting

Share This Page