1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&R License arrived...now what?

Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by Citadel99, Mar 12, 2004.

  1. Citadel99

    Citadel99 Member

    I know I need to send copies to the people I'll be doing business with. Are these just regular copies on my scanner or do they have to be certified? And yes, the K31 will be mine soon!

  2. Greg L

    Greg L New Member

    DON'T sign the original.

    Go to Kinko's or someplace w/ a copy machine & get some decent copies if your scanner isn't all that great. Sign the copies in something other than black ink. No certification (were you thinking of getting your signature notarized?) is needed.

    Most importantly - hide your checkbook as it is about to be severely drained ;) .
  3. hillbilly

    hillbilly New Member

    Now what?


    Buy until it hurts and you are dizzy. Make that checkbook beg for mercy. Make that plastic smoke like Mount Etna.

  4. Kharn

    Kharn New Member

    Until your bank account reads $0.00, your credit cards are all maxed and you have two more safes being delivered next week to hold your latest "Buy 20 get free whatever" from Century Arms, you are not living up to your potential as a cruffler.

  5. EOD Guy

    EOD Guy New Member

    Dealers need a certified copy of your license in order for them to send you any firearms. That's what your original signature does. It certifies the copy of your license. In other words, a licensee's signature on their license makes it a certified copy. Read the certification statement on the license for clarification.
  6. Fly320s

    Fly320s New Member

    EOD Guy,

    Actually, even the B.A.T.F. and E. says not to sign the original as wholesalers will require a copy signed in ink. A photocopy of and ink signature does not count.

    A photocopy of the original can still be "certified" by signing the copy in ink.

    I'll find a link in a minute...
  7. jrhead75

    jrhead75 New Member

    A. Do NOT sign the original. You will need to sign the copies in blue (or any other color besides black) ink so that the folks you send it to will be able to tell it's an original signature.

    B. Win the Powerball Lotto ASAP...that way you'll have almost enough money to buy all the milsurps you're suddenly gonna realize you need.

    C. Don't buy any Enfields, they're all set aside for me!

    D. Have fun!
  8. Erik Jensen

    Erik Jensen New Member

    simple. you quickly become broke, of course!:neener: :neener: :what:
  9. Citadel99

    Citadel99 Member

    Thanks guys. What's pretty scary is that I'm going to be in White Sands, NM, next month for a month long field exercise and won't be spending any money...

    Oh boy.

  10. EOD Guy

    EOD Guy New Member

    I realize that. I was referring to a COPY of the license, not the original. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
  11. Citadel99

    Citadel99 Member

    Do the copies need to be front/back or is just the front of the license kosher?

  12. EOD Guy

    EOD Guy New Member

    Just the front is fine.
  13. Selfdfenz

    Selfdfenz New Member

    Lucky rascal!

    At a recent gunshow I happened to hear one of the deals quote a regular price of 135 on a CZ52. He incidentially mentioned it was 15 or 20 less to a C&R holder.

    I wondred if that is always the way of things. If so, I need to consider getting one.

  14. Lennyjoe

    Lennyjoe Active Member

    Dont forget to send copies to MidwayUSA and Brownells if you buy gunparts and ammo online.

    Case in point, A Wilson Combat 8 round 1911 mag goes for $28.95 for the normal joe, but at dealer cost its $22. (MidwayUSA)

Share This Page