1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C&R Question

Discussion in 'Handguns: General Discussion' started by circuitspore, Sep 15, 2009.

  1. circuitspore

    circuitspore Well-Known Member

    I'm guessing the answer to this is no, but I'm asking anyways for clarification.....

    If I'm purchasing a C&R pistol (CZ-52 to be exact) from an out-of-stater, can that firearm be shipped to a friend w/ his C&R (in my state - next door to me, actually), and then transfered to me?

    Not that I can't pay the $30 transfer fee from my normal shop, but figured I'd save the cash if I could...
  2. jonnyc

    jonnyc Well-Known Member

    That is not a legal use for a C&R license. A C&R license allows one to receive guns for their own collection, not to function as a transferee for other purchasers.
  3. rcmodel

    rcmodel Member in memoriam

  4. circuitspore

    circuitspore Well-Known Member

    jonnyc, thanks for the info. rcmodel, thanks for the link.
  5. DMK

    DMK Well-Known Member

    For $30 you can get your own C&R licence. Then the next one is transferred for free.
  6. circuitspore

    circuitspore Well-Known Member

    Yeah, that's the intent, but I came across a deal and I don't think the seller will wait for the gov't to grant me the license, so kinda stuck on this one. oh well.
  7. cchris

    cchris Well-Known Member

    So to me it seems like, unless you drive a car that gets around 1 mile per gallon, you'd be best off going to the guy that charges $14. No reason to really be "stuck", just spend the $15 now to get the gun and then apply for your C&R to avoid this situation later.
  8. circuitspore

    circuitspore Well-Known Member

    Yes, that's what I intend to do. By 'stuck', I meant stuck having to pay the transfer fee this time, since I don't have the C&R yet.

Share This Page