1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

California Legal AK

Discussion in 'Legal' started by CGRifleman, Feb 3, 2011.

  1. CGRifleman

    CGRifleman Well-Known Member

    I might soon find myself trapped in the People's Republic of California and would like to know what I need to do to my WASR-10/63 to keep the thought police from throwing a black bag over my head. Are there any required mods besides a 10rd magazine?
  2. Librarian

    Librarian Well-Known Member

  3. ultradoc

    ultradoc Well-Known Member

    I feel sorry for you. I would hate to live there.
  4. Prince Yamato

    Prince Yamato Well-Known Member

    Get a bullet button and disassemble your mags into rebuild-kits.
  5. Quiet

    Quiet Well-Known Member

    You need to modify the WASR-10/63 to be CA legal.

    You can make it CA legal by two different methods.
    (1) Remove the pistol grip or (2) Add a magazine lock and a 10 round magazine.

    Several sporting good stores (Big 5, Turner's) in CA now sell CA legal WASRs/AKs.
  6. Dr-Science

    Dr-Science Well-Known Member

    If you disassemble your mags into kits, you CANNOT reassemble them, keep in mind. ...Or sell them, or give them away, or otherwise transfer them in any way (as full mags). Basically, they turn into useless pieces of metal. Sell them while you are outside of California and only bring 10-rounders in (or buy them in California--but be warned that gun-related things carry an inflated price here, generally speaking).

Share This Page