1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCW from other state at 18?

Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by AndrewTB, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. AndrewTB

    AndrewTB Active Member

    Quick question to keep it short.

    So and so state issues CCW at 18 even to non residents

    SO and so where you live offers reciprocity for CCW from that state.

    Legal issues here?

    Thinking of getting a CCW in Indiana for use in Florida but im not sure how the system works. Please dont flame me for this seeing how its an honest down to earth question with plent of logic behind it.
  2. iiibdsiil

    iiibdsiil Well-Known Member

    Florida has it written in the law books that you have to be 21 to carry, regardless of this. Already tried. :D
  3. newfalguy101

    newfalguy101 Well-Known Member

    No idea about the CCW question, but I do have something you may need to consider.

    Is it LEGAL for a minor in Florida to possess a handgun?????

    I am not talking about purchasing, just simple possession.

    Might wanna look into it
  4. AndrewTB

    AndrewTB Active Member

    It is legal for me to have a firearm on authorize private or personal property. IM 18 at the moment. A lot of places now CCW at 18.
  5. iiibdsiil

    iiibdsiil Well-Known Member

    Ya, we are allowed to purchase and possess, as long as the purchase was done through a private party transaction.
  6. psyopspec

    psyopspec Well-Known Member

    If you've got the time and money, and IN, ND, or SD will gain you any reciprocity that FL won't, it might be worth it to obtain those permits now. Less work if you decide you need to maximize your carry states further down the road.
  7. Matthew748

    Matthew748 Well-Known Member

    From what I have read, the State Police require the applicant to have a job or second home in Indiana before they will issue a non-resident CCW permit. You can check out packing.org for details. The State Police should have a contact number somewhere at IN.gov, you could also call them to be sure.
  8. wdlsguy

    wdlsguy Well-Known Member

  9. AndrewTB

    AndrewTB Active Member

    Ah well damn looks like ill have to wait. I sure as hell aint breaking the law!
  10. Spreadfire Arms

    Spreadfire Arms Well-Known Member

    Texas has a clause to issue to persons at least 18 years of age that are either active duty or reserve US Military personnel.

    however, even though that person can be issued a CHL they cannot purchase a handgun or handgun ammunition per federal law.

    confusing, isnt it?
  11. John Ross

    John Ross Well-Known Member

    No. Get a Maine non-resident permit. Recognized in 9 states.

    Not FL, however...


Share This Page