1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing AR stock

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by RoxboroRedneck, Jun 9, 2009.

  1. RoxboroRedneck

    RoxboroRedneck New Member

    Sep 21, 2006
    I have a friend wanting to change the stock on his AR but his is an older model, I believe A2. I have never worked with an A2 and was just wanting to confirm that the lower is still the same before helping him find parts.
    He is wanting to switch from the standard solid stock to a collapsible, am I crazy or is all that is needed is the stock, buffer tube, and castle nut(I believe that's what its called)?
    Also the previous owner managed to break the tip off the bolt catch(where it catches on the follower), have these changed any over the years?
    Thanks Guys
  2. Zach S

    Zach S Mentor

    Jun 30, 2003
    Western NC/East TN
    Receiver end plate, buffer, and buffer spring as well.

    Normally stocks some with everything except the wrench for the castle nut.

    No. Any replacement part from a reputable manufacturer will work.

Share This Page