1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draco to son

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by yotesmoker, Mar 22, 2011.

  1. yotesmoker

    yotesmoker Well-Known Member

    I have a draco that I planned to turn into a SBR.I have all the paper work filled out but not sent in yet.I want to turn it over to my son when I pass away[I'm 75].Can I just will it to him without any additional paperwork and money.If I can't I plan to just have a long flash suppresser welded on it to make the leagle 16" and add a stock.
  2. Sam1911

    Sam1911 Moderator

    You can will it to him. There is paperwork required, but it is the Form 5 (tax exempt, so no $200 fee), not the usual Form 4.
  3. ultradoc

    ultradoc Well-Known Member

    That's being a great father by willing a firearm/s and planning in advance. Cudos to you sir.
  4. lpso708

    lpso708 Member

    The love of a Father
  5. Sebastian the Ibis

    Sebastian the Ibis Well-Known Member

    You may want to consider a trust. That way you both can enjoy it for as long as you are able. When the inevitable happens no transfer is necessary as the trust owns it.

Share This Page