1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAL's in Canada and international parts importing.

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by AJAX22, May 22, 2006.

  1. AJAX22

    AJAX22 Participating Member

    Nov 9, 2005
    I just had an interesting chat with a gun buff in canada, it seems that the upper receivers of FAL rifles in canada are not the part which constitutes the registered part.

    They register the Lower receivers over there.

    Does anyone know if there is any international agreement as to what constitutes a firearm? I'm not suggesting people go across international borders to import guns. Thats just a bad bad bad idea.

    but it would be good to know where we can look for inexpensive spare parts, and which countries we can get which parts from.
  2. goldshlagerxx

    goldshlagerxx New Member

    Feb 11, 2006
    No there's not. There's not even a policy in place within the U.S. An example of this is that in the U.S. the lower is the registered part of an AR while the upper is the registered part of the FAL. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what is considered the registered part.

Share This Page