1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grip replacement for Les Baer TRS

Discussion in 'Handguns: Autoloaders' started by Steelcore, Nov 3, 2006.

  1. Steelcore

    Steelcore member

    Well I found out that it has shorter grip screw bushings that normal.will regular 1911 grips work?Or do I need thin grips?I can't stand the grips that came on it.Way too slippery.I think I want to try standar Hogue or Pachmayrs.
  2. farscott

    farscott Well-Known Member

    The TRS pistol comes with thin grips, thin grip bushings, and short screws. If you want to use regular grips, you will need to replace the grip bushings and screws with regular thickness parts.

    If you need a pair of the regular Pachmayr grips, I have quite a few extras in my parts box as I use them on hard-use pistols. I am sure we can work something out.
  3. bofe954

    bofe954 Well-Known Member

    There are plenty of other thin grips around that are checkered and grippy. Check out wood grips.com. They have a pretty good selection of thin, thick grips and bushings etc.
  4. hessy

    hessy Well-Known Member


    For switching thin for thick grips, you do not need to replace the bushings on the TRS. Just use normal length screws and the grips of your choice. You need to replace bushings if you wanted to switch from thick to thin grips.

Share This Page