1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harrington and Richardson parts help

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing and Repairs' started by kds99, Dec 27, 2006.

  1. kds99

    kds99 Well-Known Member

    I am looking for a schematic of the american revolver. Since I dont know much about gunsmithing its kind of hard to order a part if you dont know what its called lol

    Incase someone can help me with that it is a clip that goes on the front of the trigger it should return the trigger to the unfired position.....

    also if someone can recommed a good online source for parts that would be great as well
  2. dfariswheel

    dfariswheel Well-Known Member

  3. Jim K

    Jim K Well-Known Member

    I think the part you want is called the trigger spring; it is listed in the Gun Parts Corp. catalog under Harrington & Richardson (H&R) 1904 Double Action revolvers, P/N 271380.

    It is a "V" type (actually closer to a "U") spring and there are so many variations that it will probably have to be fitted. The trouble with those old guns is that they have so little value that any professional repair will cost far more than the gun is worth. Plus, they are so complicated to fix and re-assemble that few gunsmiths will touch them and a DIY guy will more than likely mess up and make things worse. If you insist on trying, here is a tip. Use a short pin, called a "slave pin" or (more PC) a "helper pin" to hold the sear and sear spring in the trigger guard while inserting it, then drive the helper pin through and out with the regular pin when you get things together.


Share This Page