1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help finding grips

Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers' started by red95gtcoupe, Feb 26, 2010.

  1. red95gtcoupe

    red95gtcoupe Member

    My dad has an Iver Johnson revolver that has a broken set of grips. From the research that I've done it appears to possibly be a model 66(s?) trailsman top break revolver in 38 S&W. It has tannite grips and says "hijo topbreak" on the frame. Does anyone know where I would be able to find a set of grips? All the ones that I see for Iver Johnsons look different and have the owl. I was wondering if they are interchangeable between different models? Also, would this be considered a 3rd model even if it was an m66, possibly making grips interchangeable? I will try to upload a picture when I get a chance.

    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  2. red95gtcoupe

    red95gtcoupe Member

  3. wnycollector

    wnycollector Well-Known Member

    There is a guy (mets2redsox0) over on gunbroker who deals with all types of old obscure grips for both revolvers and pistols. I would try to get a hold of him and see what he might have.

    Ohh ya, great looking revolver!
  4. hhb

    hhb Well-Known Member

    Iver Johnson Grips

    There is a website called; "Vintagegrips" that has replacement grips for several IJ models.
  5. dfariswheel

    dfariswheel Well-Known Member

  6. red95gtcoupe

    red95gtcoupe Member

Share This Page