1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a j-frame type grip for an AR on the market?

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by Kaylee, Sep 5, 2004.

  1. Kaylee

    Kaylee Moderator

    Dec 19, 2002
    The Last Homely House
    The closest I can find is the pachmayr, which looks a little too big and pretty darn spendy for a pistol grip. I ordered a hogue sight unseen, and it ain't really what I was looking for either. :(

    I like the rounded surface and full heel of the little j-frame grips, and was trying to find something similar for an AR.

    SO.... unless anyone had better ideas, I was gonna take the stock A2 grip, fill the hollow grip area with epoxy or JB weld or something, then grind the body down to about the size/shape of a S&W J-frame type gripframe and buy a regular old revolver grip.

    Is there already a product on the market that will save me that work, or no? Anyone have any better ideas?
  2. Redlg155

    Redlg155 Senior Member

    Dec 25, 2002
    NW Florida
    You might want to give the folks over at ACE a call and ask if their "Ergo Ambidextrious" grip for the AR15 is of solid filled construction. I ordered one for my AK and it is solid except for the screw hole. This would definitely give you more room to grind away to get the exact profile that you want.

    This top pic is of the AR grip.


    This pic is of the AK grip. You can see where it is pretty much solid throughout.
    http://www.aceltdusa.com/images04/AK/AK11 (AK113PGHK).jpg

    I couldn't get the image to post here, so I had to do the URL.

    Too bad you didn't want a 1911 style grip for your AR. Pearce makes an interesting conversion.


    Good Shooting
  3. geekWithA.45

    geekWithA.45 Moderator Emeritus

    Jan 1, 2003
    SouthEast PA

Share This Page