1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

machine gun question

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by Brockak47, Aug 15, 2011.

  1. Brockak47

    Brockak47 Well-Known Member

    So i guess you have to be 21 to buy a machine gun, i am 19, is there anyway to get around it, like can i create a corporation, and list myself in it, and buy the item through the corporation? the item i am looking at is an FNC sear, i would be buying it for investment.

    basically is it possible for me to do this? thanks guys/gals
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  2. Strykervet

    Strykervet member

    In a couple of years, yeah.

    State law often allows ways around this, but federal law?

    For a definitive answer, a call to the ATF technology branch will usually do the job.
  3. Brockak47

    Brockak47 Well-Known Member

    well i could always have my dad buy it and sell it to me when i am of age, But i would essentially have to pay the 200 dollar stamp twice right?
  4. medalguy

    medalguy Well-Known Member

    Create a trust and the trust owns the item. Any trustee can possess the item PROVIDED state and federal law don't disallow it. Check your state laws.
  5. Brockak47

    Brockak47 Well-Known Member

    Medalguy i am going to read into that tomorrow, if that works, thank you and the lord lol.
    thanks so much

Share This Page