1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making an SBR, what markings are required?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by sacp81170a, Mar 21, 2012.

  1. sacp81170a

    sacp81170a Well-Known Member

    I'm planning on converting a Sig 5.56 pistol to an SBR by adding a folding stock. I understand that I'm "manufacturing" an NFA item when I do so and must mark the receiver. Is there any particular information that's required, or could I just engrave my initials on the receiver?
  2. rjrivero

    rjrivero Well-Known Member

    City, St

    So if you're doing it as an individual:

    Farmington, AR

    If you're doing it as a Trust,

    sapc81170a Trust
    Farmington, AR

    Letters need to be 1/16" tall. 0.003" Deep. Available in ATF 5320.8 Chapter 6, and Chapter 7.4. LINK HERE.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  3. sacp81170a

    sacp81170a Well-Known Member

  4. MasterSergeantA

    MasterSergeantA Well-Known Member

    But you REALLY have to put your REAL name as listed on the approved Form 1.
  5. Swing

    Swing Well-Known Member

    That's what I've always read. That or the name of the Trust if it is registered to said.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012

Share This Page