1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need a screw(for my revolver)

Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers' started by majake, Jan 30, 2011.

  1. majake

    majake Member

    About twenty-five years ago I inherited four handguns from my grandfather. He was with the local sheriff's department. The guns are all S&W .38s. A Combat Masterpiece, Chiefs Special Airweight, A U.S. Navy Victory and a Regulation Police in 38 S&W. The Combat Masterpiece had aftermarket rubberish grips but the original (numbers match) wood grips were in the box but the screw was missing. I called the local gun shops and they said they couldnt help me. Bunch of snotty guys that just wanted to sell me a new gun. They couldn't be bothered. Anyone know where I can get one?
    Sorry about the crappy pics. I'm working on it.



    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. Joe in fla

    Joe in fla Well-Known Member

    Did you try Numrich Gun Parts? <http://www.gunpartscorp.com/>. You might find something on E-bay. If not then try Brownells. They may have the correct parts but even if they don't, they sell kits of blank screws. You can take one of those in the correct thread and turn the head to the right size and contour and then cut a slot in it. Then cut the shank to the proper length. It's a bit of work but sometimes it's the only way to get a screw with the correct thread, length, head diameter, etc.
  3. Ron James

    Ron James Well-Known Member

    I know this is a little out in left field, but have you tried Smith and Wesson?
  4. yeti

    yeti Well-Known Member

    Wouldn't doubt S&W could find a couple of factory grip screws settin' in a box somewhere.
  5. majake

    majake Member

    Thanks guys. I emailed S&W this morning. Just looking for options in case that doesn't pan out.
  6. TheGent

    TheGent Active Member

    I practically rebuilt an old M&P from buying everything from Numrich Gun Parts.
  7. okc-zee

    okc-zee Well-Known Member

  8. MIL-DOT

    MIL-DOT member

    I was missing a screw on an old Smith and asked about it here,too. I was sent to Brownells ( by old Fuff, IIRC ) and got the screw for about three bucks,delivered.
    The above screw from E-bay may work, but it says for a J frame, your Combat Masterpice is a K frame, don't know if they'd be compatible or not.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

Share This Page