1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Private sale in Washington State question

Discussion in 'Legal' started by ACBMWM3, Jan 10, 2009.

  1. ACBMWM3

    ACBMWM3 member

    A friend of mine want to purchase one of my handguns.
    I know he is not a convicted fellon etc... he meets all the requirments to purchase a new handgun.
    Im ondering if anyone knows how to go about a private sale in washington state.
  2. Oro

    Oro Well-Known Member

    If he's a state resident and not a felon, then exchange the agreed upon price and call it good!

    WA has no requirements other than the federal (as mentioned).
  3. ACBMWM3

    ACBMWM3 member

    what about transfering the gun into his name?
  4. Oro

    Oro Well-Known Member

    It's not like a car, there's no "registration." It's like selling a wheelbarrow. The gun's aren't in your "name" right now in any state or federal registry, unlike say your home or car. If you are deeply worried about something, write up a receipt with the serial number and have him sign it, but it's not a necessity or requirement - it would only be for your own records.
  5. joker4096

    joker4096 Member

    i just printed a bill of sale and filled in the info, one for me and the other for the buyer, just to protect us both. free way to protect both of your necks
  6. Bobarino

    Bobarino member

    to sell a gun in WA to a legal WA resident:

    step 1: exchange cash

    step 2: exchange gun

    step 3: shake hands

    step 4: head to the range and be embarrassed when your friend outshoots you with your gun.

  7. twoclones

    twoclones Well-Known Member

    If you really want to generate some paperwork, Washington State offers a voluntary transfer form. You could fill it out and keep it for your own records...


Share This Page