1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question: Long gun transfer in NY state

Discussion in 'Legal' started by MartinBrody, Oct 12, 2006.

  1. MartinBrody

    MartinBrody Well-Known Member

    I am a PA resident. I want to give one of my long guns to a friend who is a NY state resident. He can legally own long guns. I am going up there, not mailing it.

    Do we need to do a transfer in a gun shop?
  2. 45Badger

    45Badger Well-Known Member

    As long as he's not a resident of NYC, nope. You are good to go.
  3. wdlsguy

    wdlsguy Well-Known Member

    The services of an FFL are required because this is an interstate transfer.
  4. MartinBrody

    MartinBrody Well-Known Member

    This is from the ATF website regarding the Gun Control Act. I had checked it before but had not found this. It may be ok under state law, but it looks like Federal Law requires you go through a Licensee.


Share This Page